Thread: Pins and needles

Pins and needles

Hi
    I am new on this site and I dont know if i am doing this right. I have been worried sick for the past three weeks because I have had constant pins and needles in my feet and hands, sometimes it becomes a tingly feeling and not quite so strong. My doctor has told me to go away and come back in one month if it is still there. No help at all. I am convinced it is something bad like MS. Does anybody else suffer or has suffered from the same problem, any replies would be good, I am in such a state over this.
    Thanks

I hate it when GP's say go away.
    Jesus we pay our taxes, what a rubbish attitude!

I am sure there is nothing to worry about, but go back for a second opinion! We pay our taxes fro our doctors to show some interest!

Hay x

Hi,

Go back for a second opinion, but try and see another doctor, i had to do that to get a diagnosis for panic disorder after my first doctor told me i should'nt be having any symtoms like that at my age (33)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would'nt worry about it, i'm sure loads of people on this site experience pins and needles due to anxiety.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Try not to worry too much hun, easier to say I know. My GP told me this is linked to anxiety and I experienced it a lot. The more you think about it the worse it gets just try to take your mind off it and do some deep breathing it should then start to ease. Hope this has been a help.

Take Care xx

I had it a couple of months ago, freaked me out, told it was anxiety, read up on what anxiety does to your body and you'll see why but don't google symptoms generally as you'll diagnose yourself with something awful - not that anxiety is all that tickety boo!!!
    take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi
    pins and needles are coz there is too much oxygen in your blood coz you have overbreathed somehow. Best way to stop it is to breathe in and out of a paper - yes, paper - bag for a few mins untilt he carbon dioxide/oxygen balance is right and you will be ok. love wenjoy x

Hi there

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps

Symptoms

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

hi

if u suffer from an anixiet condition then theres nothing to worry about.
    i used to get pin n needles in my hands , toes , face , all over my head and even in my mouth.

its completely harmless. i thought i had a brain disease or somethin real bad. i made my doc give me a ct scan and it came back as normal.

as soon as i knew there was nothing wrong , they slowly went . i still get them when im really panicky , but i dont pay antention to them.

if anyone else gets them and is reading this - theres nothing wrong

when we get anxious , are nerves become really sensitive and there just a result of mixed messages from the brain . the more you think about them the worse they seem , like with any anxiety sympton.

there just a sensation- sensations cant halm people

ive learnt so match about how the body works in my biology studies , i now cant believe how much i worried over something that means nothing!!!

remember DIVERSION , DIVERSION , DIVERSION is the answer

PS also correct breathing will also help

same **** , different day

Thread Information