Thread: Weird visual stuff

Weird visual stuff

I'm new to the forum, I've been battling panic attacks for 10 yrs, recently I have had a major relapse and I am so scared of my symptoms. Is extreme sensitivity to bright colours an anxiety symptoms or something more serious? I was diagnosed years ago with panic disorder. Through the years it has been better, then bad again.....I developed feelings of unreality, my therapist told me it was derealisation and that it was caused by my anxiety. But throughout my struggle with the feelings of unreality one set of symptoms has bothered me the most and it's related to my vision. Everything seems unreal or too sharp or 3D almost...but I cannot seem to tolerate any bright colors, just looking at the color red or orange for example hurts my eyes, i have to look away because it feels physically painful and then sends me into a full panic attack. Just looking directly at a red shirt will make me dizzy and i can't understand why, bright colors seem almost florescent to me and I have not read anybody else having problems related to color intolerance caused by anxiety, so Im totally panicking right now..

Re: Weird visual stuff

Have you had any medical tests done?
    You know red does make your blood pressure go up and your heart to race, so colour does psychically affect people

thanks for the response..I have chronic low blood pressure and my eyes have been checked and all is normal....so I don't know what is wrong with me, I'm scared and freaking out right now

I had weird vision when my anxiety was at its highest. It was hard to describe but it has eased a lot since my anxiety has reduced since taking beta blockers. It was like my eyesight was extra sensitive. Everything was really sharp like I had superhero vision lol. It was like everything was really clear and my perception of things were off. Felt like my eyeballs were on stalks. I believe its the fight or flight that causes it. Get checked over by your GP and then try not to worry about it as that will make it stay.

Thanks for writing, omg you describe the 3D vision thing so well!! My gp has no idea and sent me to an ophthalmologist who said all was normal with my eyes..and I saw a neurologist and he diagnosed migraines, so I'm basically completely at a loss and in a state of total panic, don't know what to do and what treatment to get...
    Last edited by jazzy100; 28-10-11 at 08:23.

My doc said it was my body in a constant level of anxiety. I only ever had it outside. It went hand in hand with derealisation and dizzyness. It stopped me leaving the house for weeks. Horrid! Betablockers have really helped me but I'm not sure I'd you can take propranolol with low bp.

yup as i just said on another thread about sight i have this too,,im getting used to it now though ,,still gives me a scare every now and then

Thanks for replying guys, I am at such a loss right now, the anxiety and panic is constant. See unlike you Carrera the symptoms are not better at home, they are pretty equal inside and outside so I have no relief ever right now...Im so scared I don't know what to do anymore, I am starting to think I would just be better off dead right now...

Hi Jazzy

A lot of my friends have hyper sensitive eyes and wear the lightly coloured sunglasses. You may find that it helps. I think it is Anxiety as I have a lot of blurred vision and see a lot of dots when I am anxious. I have to say some of my symptoms are great as they are like taking narcotics which I wont do but get the feelings free and with no lasting addiction.

Dont worry the sensations will go when you calm down enough.

Mee

Thread Information