Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie hi

Newbie hi

Hi New here, from Australia, I have Agoraphobia With Panic attacks, this disorder scares me. I get out roughtly perhaps once a week, But i get a bit dizzy going out heart racing, nausea, sweaty, feel like i am going to die. Ive come looking for help, It gets so unbearable and i am scared i will loose my 1 day a week independance, how can i keep on top of this?, do i keep pushing no matter how bad i feel?. My family arn't very supportive either, they look at it as toughen up princess, or something. Does anyone get a form of Forgetfullness to?, i get confused really easily, and burst into tears, I have thoughts of Suicide not acting of course by that i mean life can get so hard that i cant stand the anxiety adrenaline i get, i shake a bit too...Tired of the Doctor saying the same old things?, tries medication which in turn makes me feel even worse. I also have gained weight, and being summer here i am very concious that i look fat and people are staring.
    I also noticed i have developed a new symptom or obessesion, my mum brought me a new Mobile phone as a present, and i find i cant leave the house without my old one?, what is that about i feel a bit silly security? familiarity I'm not sure, but i want to be able to act normal. thanks...WG
    Last edited by Witchitygrub; 01-11-11 at 06:31.

Re: Newbie hi

Hi and welcome to NMP

Paige x

Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post
    Hi and welcome to NMP

Paige x

Thanks Paige.

Witchity, anxiety does some weird things to you.. when i feel weird even in my home, i would lie down in bed , in an awkward position and not move because its like i start to feel normal lying in that position.. aswell as the fact of me going up to lie in bed, my sister told me id do things like that because its my "comfort/safe zone" , my sister has biopolar.

About the forgetfulness, ive sort of had this myself, but i would think this is normal with anxiety due to the amount of shit going threw our brians.. well mine anyway lol.

Hi i am new here too

I forget all the time, i read a thread here, go to reply and have forgotten what the post i am replying to said, i have to read it again. lol

Well done you for going out one time a week, baby steps is all we can ask for really.

Quote Originally Posted by Markoo View Post
    Witchity, anxiety does some weird things to you.. when i feel weird even in my home, i would lie down in bed , in an awkward position and not move because its like i start to feel normal lying in that position.. aswell as the fact of me going up to lie in bed, my sister told me id do things like that because its my "comfort/safe zone" , my sister has biopolar.

About the forgetfulness, ive sort of had this myself, but i would think this is normal with anxiety due to the amount of shit going threw our brians.. well mine anyway lol.

Hi Markoo Thanks its good to relate to others the way i feel.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful View Post
    Hi i am new here too

I forget all the time, i read a thread here, go to reply and have forgotten what the post i am replying to said, i have to read it again. lol

Well done you for going out one time a week, baby steps is all we can ask for really.
    Hi Mindful thanks, It doesn't seem a lot but i guess it's still progress right?

Absolutely its progress!

Many years ago when this all began for me i couldnt step outside the house at all. I started with baby steps, literally, walking to my gate, standing there for set amounts of time and feeling panic attacks hit me from every direction. Sometimes i would run back inside, sometimes i would stay, slowly i started to see that other than the panic, nothing else actually happened. I didnt die lol So i ventured to the end of the street and so on. Fast forward in time and i work, i go shopping, i go to friends houses, i walk my dog, and so on, never underestimate baby steps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful View Post
    Absolutely its progress!

Many years ago when this all began for me i couldnt step outside the house at all. I started with baby steps, literally, walking to my gate, standing there for set amounts of time and feeling panic attacks hit me from every direction. Sometimes i would run back inside, sometimes i would stay, slowly i started to see that other than the panic, nothing else actually happened. I didnt die lol So i ventured to the end of the street and so on. Fast forward in time and i work, i go shopping, i go to friends houses, i walk my dog, and so on, never underestimate baby steps!
    Good Advice Mindful, I am going to try this set a time each day stand there feel the panic, doesnt the adrenaline annoy you though wear u out?? frustrate you make u angry?, all that. . That's what i find hard to cope with.

Welcome to NoMorePanic - I am sure you will find lots of good advice here and hopefully a few friends to help you along the way!

I had a period of agrophobia for about a month and I managed to get rid of it before it escalated! What I did was gave myself a small goal...an achievable goal. I said to myself "Okay, I am going to go for a walk round the block" - did that then I made it bigger by saying "Okay, Drive to the shop. Don't go in, analyze the shop from afar, get used to the surroundings, then go home" -did that, then I made it a bit bigger by saying "Okay, now drive to the shops, get out of the car, walk up to the front of the shop. If you feel like you can go in, go in, if you can't then come home - at least you would have walked to the front of the shop"

You start off small then you get bigger and bigger as you gain confidence from the smaller things =)

I take a beater blocker which stops that horrible fast heart beat - they're really good!

Try taking KALMS tablets or rescue remedy as it is a herbal remedy that works quite well.

Just stay positive - the worst thing you can do is focus on the negatives - it is very difficult but DOABLE!

Good luck

take care

xxx

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Welcome. I'm in Cardiff, Wales. I have anxiety and panic attacks too :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information