Thread: overthinking.

Smile overthinking.

Well where do i start.4 years of living hell.gad anxiety,depression,derealization, agoraphobic.I have started to get better im on citalopram and i think it has really helped me. i have done more in the past 3 weeks then i have done in 4 years.only think is i have been feeling really good and not thinking about my anxiety or feeling ill.then as i think oh i feel really good today it hits me and i start thinking is this normal feeling like this, will i feel this good tomorrow, has it finally gone.which leads me back to anxiety again.I think i have had it so long now i will never get over it.4 years of constant anxiety feeling,feeling so ill and nauseas everyday panic attacks for no reason which kept me inside for a solid 2 years. its always there in the back of my mind.millions of blood tests all fine apart from my liver function down but dr said she sees it all the time.iam going to acupuncture in 2 weeks to see if this helps.had a consultation and she said show me your tongue and she said hormones,liver problem so im gonna give it a try.this site has helped me loads so i thought i would join and share what i am going through.

Re: overthinking.

Hi. I am pleased to hear that you have started to get better after starting on the citalopram. Is this the first time that you have tried medication or is this the only one that has helped. The thing to remember is that you will have good days and bad days and not to get too disappointed when the bad days come along. They will pass and it doesnt mean that you are going to be how you were before. You will have more and more good days and will just accept them and not question why. Sounds as if you are on the road to recovery and I wish you well.

Thanksa humley.this is the first time i have been on pills. Was really worried sbout taking them because of all the side affects but all i got was a dry mouth and sore throat for 3 days.this is the 3rd doctor i have seen she really listens and seems to understand a little. the other 2 were awfull.1 said just eat healthy and the other said maybe i need to refer rampton.which is a mental hospital he said it jokingly but telling someone that with anxiety who think they are going mad anyway is awfull.i have learned to cope with my panic attacks but its just this worry in the back of my mind.its only bin a month earlly days yet.

I know a few people who are/have been on cit and it has really helped them so just keep going and i'm sure things will get even better. As you say its early days but its a promising start. That doc who made the joke sounds just awful. I bet that if he had suffered at all with anxiety he wouldnt be joking like that as its not funny in the least. Good luck.

Thread Information