Thread: Think my anxiety is causing me to fall in to depression.

Think my anxiety is causing me to fall in to depression.

Hi everyone. The last 7 weeks or so have been awful. My anxiety has been the highest its been for almost 2 years and im starting to feel really really horrible. I recognised that it was really bad and went to the doctors, but since then its gotten worse. I find myself in tears for no reason, and have noticeably lost weight. My sleep has been so bad, it takes me forever to get to sleep and then when I do finally fall asleep I continuously wake so early. Ive also developed a fear of being sick, and sometimes the idea of eating makes me sick and i get so worried that I will eat something bad and get food poioning, but I have no idea where this fear came from. I was on citalopram for just over a year and came off it in January. I was feeling so much better and had just started a new job, I felt like everything was getting better. But now I feel completely hopeless. I feel like no one in my family really cares anymore so I don't bother talking to them about it, and they just tell me, well don't think about then, which is impossible. I just don't know what to do. I just want to cry.

Re: Think my anxiety is causing me to fall in to depression.

Hi Oscar,
    I can sympathise - I came off my meds in Jan too, and have just slipped back into anxiety and then just crying all the time and depression, although sometimes I never know if the depression was there just not that noticable until the anxiety started...

Have you been to see your doctor at all? I have great family support, but I feel like I can be a burden on them sometimes. Its difficult as well if they don't fully understand the problem.

Have you tried any self help stuff for the anxiety? x

Thread Information