Thread: periods.

periods.

Hi i am 42 yrs old and i have had m.e for the past 10yrs. Whenever i get different symptoms i get health anxiety and end up at the docs every week and have scans to reassure me. I have been doing ok the past 12 months but my period was 2 weeks late and when it did arrive it was very very light and only lasted 2 days. So you know the score i started thinking ovarian cancer but i tried to put it out of my head. But i kid myself that i dont worry and then i start getting other symptoms i.e nausea, headaches, fatigue and now i am getting pains in my groin area. So now i am convinced i have cancer because of my late and light periods plus nausea etc. I promised myself i wouldnt go down the anxiety route but i am.

Re: periods.

It could be something simple like an ovarian cyst or fibroids causing the problems.

The best thing would be to get the doc to refer you for a scan then you will know for sure.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am getting other symptoms i.e muscle twitches, nausea, pains in my left groin and pelvic area,pains in back, pains under my left arm, fatigue, off balance etc and alot of these can be caused by anxiety. I just wish i didnt always think the worst and think rationally for once. I am just putting the pains and late and light period and coming up with the worst case scenario.

Well get things checked out then it will reassure it is nothing serious which I am sure it isn't

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information