Thread: New Member - Anxiety

New Member - Anxiety

Hi,

I have recently moved to Scotland from England. I have suffered with anxiety problems on and off for 20 years. I am female and nearly 40 years old. I have been on various medication but trying to work out what is going on is nigh on impossible.:( I really want to enjoy life properly but I never know how I am going to feel until the morning I wake up so I can never plan anything. It is getting worse and affecting my marriage, work, friendships and life generally. I should have been out today but instead I am staying in again. Doctors can't seem to get it sorted. What to do?

hi teresai
    nice name never heard of that before,i also moved from england to scotland but moved back a few years ago,remember things can only get better,take each day as it comes,keep in touch with your friends in the south,i know theirs a long waiting list for help up there,ask your doc for more help,but most of all keep talking,it helps.
    chin up . bish

Hi Teresai,

' but I never know how I am going to feel until the morning I wake up '

Did you know that you cause how you feel each day by your first thoughts of the day ?

The first few moments are crucial. If you lie and think - Oh I've got to do XYZ today and I'm worried/bothered/sad/scared about it - then you will feel anxious and before you know it you will be What If'ing and doubting whether to go at all.

If, however you woke and thought Oh, today I'm going to do XYZ which may be a challenge for me but it needs to get done and I'll feel so good about it so I'm going anyway even though it may be uncomfortable and speak kindly and encouragingly to yourself and go anyway then things slowly with time and determination start to improve.

Somedays I used to be able to drive to London absolutely fine - other days which were apparantly no different were very difficult and full of fear . The difference was in my outlook of the day ahead. I forced myself to do every day in the knowledge that the feelings of fear couldn't hurt me. Any day now is an ok driving day.

I agree Radar

We should all wake up positive and not be so negative. I know I do and I agree that I go to bed and think "oh god i will feel bad tomorrow" instead of taking each day as it comes.
    I will take your advice too!

Nicola

Hi Teresia.

Having positive thorghts is good try not to pre concive what you have to do the next day Take small steps first. Do some things on the spur of the momement then take bigger steps. Have nice thorghts and talk to people. Friends are very important and i hope you will be o.k. Never give up. Their is light at the end of the tunnel.

Badger.T/C

Thread Information