Thread: Music

Music

Does anyone have any songs they listen to when they are feeling down or anxious??
    I know it sounds weird ut i think music has really helped me. I especially listen to a badn called 'Rizzle Kicks' a lot. They're music is just so laidback, but upbeat at the same time and always put me in a good mood. Everyone should check them out!

This has to be my favorite song to listen to when im feeling very anxious and I just need to forget about things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypUcdRVmabQ

What does everyone else listen to?

Re: Music

Hi
    Yes music is a wonderful calmer for the mind and also a good distraction. In fact it can be part of a meditation process as medication can be part of many things. If you pick music with a beat around 70 beats a minute it can do wonders on regulation as it can mimic a relaxed heart beat. Listening to your music it wouldn't calm me ha ha but I am an old man. I like Katherine Jenkins, Il Divo, Secret Garden, Alfie Bowe if I feel the need to relax. But to wake up then it's Queen, Chris Rea, Dire Straits, Josh Groban etc.
    Enjoy your music it works wonders for a troubled mind.

I usually have my music on in the background when I'm at the PC using Realplayer and windows media player, 6 CD's in the car cd changer, sometimes go on Youtube for stuff I don't have, always looking out for older CD's...trying to find Pink Floyd Led Zepp Guns and Roses etc!, I like rock music but can change to other types of music easily, Holst 'The Planets' is a favourite of mine.

Tonight its Queen..Meatloaf...Hendrix...ZZ Top the list goes on and on with some Simply Red thrown in!, I think it does help if you're feeling down, I often go for a trip in the car just to turn the volume up a bit!

J.

Lemon Jelly. So light and joyous. "come down on me" is the happiest and I also like "Ramblin' Man".

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thread Information