Hi everyone...

I haven't been on the site so much this last week but it's for GOOD reasons so I thought I put a post here!!!

Thanks to this wonderful site and the support of so many people, some in particular (you know who you are!!!) over the last few weeks I have finally begun to get the help I have needed for so long.

After 15-20 years of gradually increasing panic/anxiety and chronic health problems including ME I reached a crisis just after xmas when my daughter in law's leukaemia returned and the outlook looked (and still does) pretty grim... My physical health, being menopausal etc deteriorated and my health anxiety spiralled out of all proportion and I went off work long term sick for three months from Feb.

About 7/8 weeks ago I finally decided to pay for CBT (I've been on an NHS waiting list for over a year and there's every possibility I'll have to wait another couple of years to get it free) and I can't believe how much it has helped. I have had to work very hard at it... but it has enabled me to give myself the one thing I really wanted - a new dog!!!!

I no longer feel like a lonely miserable middle-aged neurotic, but a nackered not so young dog-lover!!!

I also returned to work on Tuesday and managed two mornings as part of a phased return and with the support of my cbt I have been able to be assertive about keeping this to a manageable level...

So all in all this is definitely a turning point... although I'm well aware progress is never linear!

Thank you to all the people who have encouraged and supported me over the last few months - I reckon if I can improve anyone can!!

Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!