Thread: Hi from a newbie

Hi from a newbie

Hello everyone. I have just summoned up the courage to join this forum after a long time dipping in and out. Im a 33 year old woman I have been anxious and scared for most of my life. I have been told I suffer from Generalised Anxiety Disorder.

I have let anxiety and fear take over my life so much so It has stopped me and is stopping me living my life. I just tend to go through the motions its just about getting through the day for me. Im a nervous wreck most of the time its exausting. I cant really talk about it with friends I just put on a very good act. Ive ruined most of my relationships with the way I am.

I have been on various anxiety medications over the years and they dont seem to have helped. I am not taking any medications at the moment. I have had CBT which doesnt seem to help me. I have started seeing a psychotherapist who has recommended I try EMDR therapy I had never heard of it before and after reading about it Im just not sure sounds a bit scary. I would really like to talk to people who understand

Thanks,

Lou

Hi louise 33

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hi from a newbie

Welcome Lou, hope you find some comfort here

Thread Information