Thread: Scared...what to expect from a screening appointment with mental health team??

Scared...what to expect from a screening appointment with mental health team??

Hi, I got my appointment thro yesterday for my appointment with the community mental health team.......its this fri at 10am ARGH, letter said its a screening appointment and will last an hour?? what will they ask me etc, im absoutly petrified and my anxiety has been thro the roof since i got the appointment Im scaredthat im going to be such a state on the day they won't be able to assess me properly......im also not good talking to strangers about my feelings (apart from u guys!) and always put on a brave face to others! Im currently taking citalopram this will be my 8th week on it! thanks xx

Re: Scared...what to expect from a screening appointment with mental health team??

just think positive and try to relax and it will go faster you will feel 100 times better when you come out trust me

Re: Scared...what to expect from a screening appointment with mental health team??

Thanks its just so daunting, i feel such a faliure as a wife and mum needing all this help xx

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Thanks its just so daunting, i feel such a faliure as a wife and mum needing all this help xx
    Don't be daft If you had a broken leg you wouldn't be a "failure" for needing someone to put a plaster cast on it. Same thing. You are seeking help in recovering so you can get back to being a great wife and mum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesk View Post
    Don't be daft If you had a broken leg you wouldn't be a "failure" for needing someone to put a plaster cast on it. Same thing. You are seeking help in recovering so you can get back to being a great wife and mum!
    Thanks......thats a great way of looking at it!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by jocelyndong View Post
    just relax and don't be nervous.Lhasa Tour
    Ill try!! thanks xx

Thread Information