Thread: Muscle Twitching.

Muscle Twitching.

Hi everyone. Ive noticed over the last couple of weeks that some of the muscles in my back and chest keep twitching. I really hate the feeling of this, as it just feels odd, it doesn't really hurt, but ive been told that its a common symptom of anxiety and my anxiety has been pretty bad over the last few weeks. Ive actually suffered from anxiety for the last 2 years and have had it much worse than it is now, which is why it makes me worry. Does anyone else get this??

Re: Muscle Twitching.

Hi mate, I get this but tend to do it when I have an intrusive bad thought or thoughts I don't like and I suffer from anxiety, currently taking propranolol for it but I usually tend tense up aswell, I try to think of other things but it's always on my mind and I hate it, I'm going for an evaluation from my GP for a possible anxiety disorder and/or OCD, hope you get better, Regards Jamie

Yep. When I'm anxious my arms and even legs can jerk a little. The worse symptom of all is sometimes when very tense my head can twitch. I hate the latter symptom so much, and fear it happening in various situations has added to my avoidant behaviour and general belief that I can't handle anything.

But it's probably like any other anxiety symptom that eases when anxiety dips. There was a time when I was extremely tense for a few months when I would get the twitches every day, but now I rarely have one all day. I know it sucks but it can get better.

I used to get this really badly, literally my whole body would twitch throughout the day, was really horrible and distracting. For me I found it just went away when my anxiety started to go down but also when I stopped thinking about twitching and started believing I could control my body & I didn't have to twitch. Sounds crazy yeah! Hope this can work for you as well

Oh & I got put on propanalol for it as well, really helps!

I get muscle twitching which I was really worried about as my mum has parkinsons, the doctor tried to reassure me that it was a symptom of anxiety, but I must say its definately helped put my mind at rest seeing other peoples post on here about twitching. It's a horrible sensation and is sometimes worse than others. I worry that it will get worse and people will notice as at the moment it is'nt noticable.
    Laura, I am on propranolol too, not sure it helps, I am on 40mg a day. How much do you take ? you say it helps

When ever im stressed and my anxiety starts to build i get twitching muscles. Normaling in the arms, chest and eye lids.

Eye lids is always the most irrateing as it just makes me blink all the time.

yep i get them too. before i went off work i had been having twitches for years previously and just ignored them. the thing is, i now know they were a sign of being unwell, i was then diagnosed with depression and extreme anxiety.

i remember feeling quite paranoid about them, but now i know the twitches were part of my anxiety.

i dont know if others notice my twitches, but they can be quite annoying to me, and i get them everywhere, i suppose i am now at the stage where i am just accepting them, that they are a part of me, some day they may get better, but ishall wait and see

Thread Information