Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair in throat?

hair in throat?

Does anyone get a feeling of there being a hair stuck in their throat?

Re: hair in throat?

....yes, but usually only when I have a cold coming (in the first few hours before it becomes a sore throat) or something I've eaten has slightly scratched it.

So is it not associated with anxiety?

Well mine personally wasn't, but I have had a very dry scratchy throat from being anxious and I guess you could feel that like a 'hair in the throat' feeling ?

I have that feeling from swallowing hair in my food. Which isn't hard with my mane. It will go in a few hours. I believe the juices in your throat eat it up. I can't think of a reason for it to be related to anxiety.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I have it now, if you look down your throat, the 'hair' feeling is caused by a teeny little white thing in the back of your throat. Just scratched mine off as it was driving me insane... I don't know what the white things are tho.. was actually just coming on here to ask if anyone else had them xx

I was wondering what this could be as well. It definitely wasn't a hair but it sure felt like it for about 2 weeks each time I got this. Feels like a hair sits across the airway too, very disconcerting.

see the thread on tonsil stones, lots of information there.

I swallowed a hair and it got stuck around my uvula ( i had to google to find out whats its called lol..i call it that dingly bit at the back of the throat )i fished it out with my fingers, it felt like i was ripping my insides out with it and then it snapped and was wrapped around the uvula, took a few days but eventually my body broke it down and it went away. I had quite a few panic episodes during those few days, kept feeling like the hair was blocking my airways and food from going down even though i had removed most of the hair myself. So yeh i think a hair in the throat can deffo cause anxiety or even the feeling of a hair in the throat without there actually being one. x

I am now suffering with this as well. I went to the hospital because I seriously thought I was going to choke to death. I feel like I have a lump in my throat, that moves a little, my throat is sore, I can't swallow and at the back of my tongue it feels like I have little hairs and a few raised bumps. They did x-rays and looked in my mouth and said nothing was out of the ordinary. The hospital told me it was reflux and hiatal hernia. They put me on Prevacid lansoprazole tabs. No change. I realized today I can no longer taste anything. I am calling my doctor tomorrow for a throat culture. I am beginning to wonder if this is yeast/thrush infection affecting my mouth and throat. What did anyone else find out?

Last edited by Simmons; 22-09-14 at 15:07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information