Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pregabalin Diary.....

Re: Another Pregabalin Diary.....

Thanks for that info Scratchappy. As you said some experience bad WD's and others don't. Although I think the people who go cold turkey on this sort of med are dicing with their health - it is an anti-convulsant at the end of the day!.. it just happens to have off-label use for anxiety. I imagine most people would be ok with a careful tapering down plan.

Maybe the best person to ask is your GP - he/she will have experience of having to taper people off this med.

All the best... keep us updated on your progress

Belle x

i have never thought about this, i take citalopram and pregabalin. now i am not really sure which tablet is working best. a pain doctor prescribed pregabalin because he reckoned my trigeminol nuerlagia was caused by all my problems i am on citalaprom for. maybe i dont need them both, but i do no the pregablain works very well. does any body have simular?

Hi patricias - I was wondering how much Pregabalin you are taking and how long have you been on it?
    Belle x

hi, i am taking 75mg of pregabalin, and i have been on it for maybe 5 years now. are you on both as well?

No I'm not on any meds at the moment. The reason I'm interested in pregabalin is that my GP mentioned that it might be an option for my anxiety. I am trying to find out as much as I can about it before I make a decision.
    Take care,
    Belle x

hi, i am seeing my doctor tomorrow and i am going to ask him to review my citapopram/pregablin, but i do remember being delighted with pregablin when i first took it, but as i said i am not sure what tablet is doing what now. but if i can home in on one and only one to take i would feel better.

Hello. Been a bit rubbish on the updates lately so apologies for that.

Reason I've not updated is because I've been busy and also that I have gone down over the last 4-5 days for some reason

My anxiety has gone up considerably and I was pretty emotional yesterday

Head is a bit all over the place and I'm not sure why exactly but it's a bit of setback seeing as I'm going back to work on Tuesday.

Christ, just when you think things are going well...... Hope I can turn this around.

Sorry, can't write much more at the moment and my dinner is ready

Thanks..........................Scratchappy
    Last edited by Scratchappy; 30-11-11 at 22:30. Reason: Unable to spell my user name correctly :P

So sorry to hear that Scratchappy. It may only be a blip, so try not to get too worried... tomorrow you could be feeling fine again, I do hope so. Obviously if you continue to feel down have a word with your GP.

Someone who is taking this med will probably come along with some reassuring words for you.

Keep us updated as to how things are going for you. Take care now.

All the best,
    Belle x

Hi scratchappy,

sorry to hear you are feeling anxious again...I was wondering if it is due to you returning to work?? This would make sense as this is a hurdle for you and may have caused the 'blip' and I am sure that is all it is.

Are you still on 300mg??

There is room for an increase if your GP thinks it should be so...see how you go and if you continue to feel like this go back and have a chat with him!!

Hope you feel better soon.

If it is any consolation to you I have had blips along the way too...and that is all they have (fortunately) turned out to be.

Take care
    Jo.x

im having bad withdrawal from sertaline 50mg , been off em 7 weeks now still feel up n down with anxiety , which effects me coping mech with the pure o thoughts ....im going back to gp but cant tolerate ssris side effects are crippling anxiety bringing on ocd ....grrrr a friend of mine takes Pregabalin and has done for years as she cant tolerate ssri s either her only thing is dizziness . i might give this a go but must admit shitting myself!!! scratch its prob the change of a new job creating the evil anxiety back once u settle in to it u be fine !!! xx

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information