Thread: Maybe need to go back on Citalopram.

Maybe need to go back on Citalopram.

Hi everyone, i had been on Citalopram for about 3 years and they were really helping me and i came off them about 3 weeks ago. I never really intended to come off them i just kept forgetting to take them and ended up having about 2 10mg tablets a week.

I thought i might as well try coping without. I never really suffered any withdrawals just a bit of light headedness.

But for the past week i have been feeling really irritable, angry and sometimes tearful. Is this a normal withdrawal and how long does it tend to last.

I am thinking that maybe i need to go back on them and maybe i will always need to take a low dose. I was on them for anxiety originally.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks
    Sharon

Re: Maybe need to go back on Citalopram.

Hi this sounds like normal withdrawal, i withdraw off cit in june this yr too quickly and wham come sept my anxiety and panics were back and im bk on them! your supposed to taper off cit gradually over a few months, maybe have a word with ur doc or go back on 10mg for a while then taper off slowly xx

I agree with nicola, maybe go back on 10mg till you feel better again, then reduce by 5mg for a few weeks, but if you feel ok again on 10mg, then maybe stick with it, i will always take a low dose, as i too came off them too quick last year and ended up worse than before. good luck

thanks for your replies. I did come off gradually because i used to take them every day then went to every other day.Then i used to forget to take them and ende up taking about 2 per week. I think i may need to always be on a low dose

Thread Information