Thread: tachycardia, low blood pressure, and an infection

tachycardia, low blood pressure, and an infection

I have mono :-( also lately my blood pressure is very low and my heart rate is high. My doctor is taking me off my beta blocker since I am having dizzy spells and now my heart rate is even higher.

My heart rate is probably high because I am nervous about going off the beta blocker. I don't know what to do, I am so afraid.

kelly all these are signs of panic and fear and are so harmless. high heart rate is something we all suffer from alot of the time and the low blood pressure is also common although not as common as high

you will be fine and are doing the right thing if the betablockers did not agree with you

jackie

Hi i take it mono is m.e in usa. i have this and i also have low blood pressure and a fast heart rate, can be a symptom of mono and anxiety. I am trying to seperate the symptoms and its very hard. i am a bit worried to take beta blockers for this reason.

c.lambert

HI
    When we have infection of any kind be it viral like mono or bacterial our heart rates naturally raise, its one of the most common signs of infection along with others which im not going to bore you with listing. I would just go with your gps advice,i have never been a great fan of using beta blockers on a routine basis for anxiety,its ok on one offs but theyare notorious for dropping blood pressures and for other symptoms i would rather stick to the use they were developed for which is in the treatment of hypertension and cardiac conditions. Try not to worry, just relax and go with it, you will soon recover from your mono and the less stress you put yourself under in the meantime the better.
    Nell

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Don't be scared kelly. You will be alright. I have reoccurring mono and I completely understand what you are going through. the funny thing about beta blockers is that they just take away the physical symptoms so that your mind doesn't dwell on them. However if you are dwelling ono the panic while you are on it then it realy isn't doing you alot of good is it? I am sure the Doc is doing what is best for you. I promise though I know you will be fine, Just take it 1 day at a time.

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

Hi,

thanks for responding again. My heart is racing like crazy, but I am trying to ignore it. Wow mono sucks. I think I am going through one of the worst parts. I am so weak and I have never felt this way before. My skin is crawling and I feel like doom.. that is the only way I can explain it.

Anyone have any suggestions to help the mono?

Thread Information