Thread: 1st day on citalopram

1st day on citalopram

took first taablet this morning and feel shocking, dizzyness, blurred vision, feel sick, and the pins n needles kind of feeling in my fingers is now up my hands,wrists and arms and on sides of my face, my legs keep tensing and then getting stuck there kind of thing, my mouth all dry and am sweating, just been in bed and sitting up for bit and then laying back down. it now 4:10am.... arggghhh

how long have people had side effects for and what side effects? when will they go away? how long do i take these for?

really fed up. :(

Re: 1st day on citalopram

Hi oh no
    well done for taking the first step in recovery!

the initial side effects from taking Citalopram are horrible & will last a few days more but if they don't improve contact your GP. How bad your side effects are will depend on the dose of citalopram you are taking. I found drinking plenty of water a great help as the dry mouth can be due to dehydration.

After a few days you will still have some mild side effects such as headaches, thirst, dizzy, these can last up to 4 wks but try to stick with taking them as in time they should be a great help to you.

Quote Originally Posted by oh no_1 View Post
    took first taablet this morning and feel shocking, dizzyness, blurred vision, feel sick, and the pins n needles kind of feeling in my fingers is now up my hands,wrists and arms and on sides of my face, my legs keep tensing and then getting stuck there kind of thing, my mouth all dry and am sweating, just been in bed and sitting up for bit and then laying back down. it now 4:10am.... arggghhh

how long have people had side effects for and what side effects? when will they go away? how long do i take these for?

really fed up. :(
    Hey

Well done for taking one my side effects were the same, as last reply it does get easier hang on in there your be fine xx

hi what dose did you take ? it is wise to start on a very low dose, i started on 10mg, but if things are bad start on 5mg for a week or so, it will not last forever, but if you feel so bad speak to your gp for reassurance. good luck in your recovery, and take care

Hi Jem,

It normally takes around 2 weeks before you will start to feel better.. I am on 40mg citalopram and they work great for me. Be patient and soon you may start to feel the benefit

Thread Information