Thread: cant stop thinking im.dying, cant cope

cant stop thinking im.dying, cant cope

Awake since 4am again, retching panicky. Just can't cope. Have posted about my fibroid and How I need to have it removed. Can't stop worrying its turned cancerous even though I know its not likely. Don't know How to get through today.

Re: cant stop thinking im.dying, cant cope

Try to relax as much as you can and breath deeply from your belly. You know this is your anxiety talking and that you can get thru this. You are not going to die today, you are going to get thru this and come out stronger.
    Nothing is as bad as you think it will be and so just take the day a minute at a time and try to distract yourself if you can.
    xx

Thank you for your kind words. Have day out planned with friend, texted her this morning to say I didn't think I could go but I think I should try. Any tips for combatti.g early waking/panic? X

I totally agree with Mirabelle.

Just try to relax, do things to take your mind off things, watching tv programes, go to library and browse books (not medical ones!!!) go for a walk and chat with a friend....

I was housebound with anxiety three years ago... the fear totally rules my life.. I didn't think I could make it to the toilet from the bedroom without having a heart attack... we think that our mind controls us, but it's the other way around....WE have the control, but I know it's hard at times... but you can do it.....

from being housebound 3 years ago, I'm now living abroad, hold down two jobs and manage to live normally, in spite of my anxiety which is more under control now... relaxing and distractions are a big part of it.

Good luck and happiness to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Try to relax as much as you can and breath deeply from your belly. You know this is your anxiety talking and that you can get thru this. You are not going to die today, you are going to get thru this and come out stronger.
    Nothing is as bad as you think it will be and so just take the day a minute at a time and try to distract yourself if you can.
    xx
    Last edited by Dazza; 13-11-11 at 12:14.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Thread Information