Thread: Need some re-assurance

Need some re-assurance

Hi thanks for taking the time to read my post.

After months of headaches my GP diagnosed me with anxiety and prescribed me citalopram 20 mg. I now feel that I'm dying of a brain tumour. I'm researching more on the internet about brain tumors, I have more aless diagnosed myself. When I saw the doctor my blood pressure was checked and was ok same as my eyes, all pressures were ok.

I keep asking the doctor for a scan but she said there isn't much a neurologist could do as my symptoms are not related to neurology!!!

Think I'm going to visit the doctor tomorrow and pest the hell out of them for a scan.

I look forward to your replies and suggestions

Re: Need some re-assurance

Researching on the internet is not to be recommended for self diagnosis. Your doctor has had an enormous amount of training and experience and also has a more rounded view than you could ever have in diagnosing your headaches.
    What evidence do you have that you think you have a brain tumour? Why cannot it be stress and anxiety, it certainly is more likely. In medicine common things happen commonly. Without really good evidence I don't feel you would be referred for a scan as the scans are very expensive and tests are under scrunity very much so with the budgets being squeezed as much as they are.

i agree with ronski when we look up symptons on the internet we can convince ourself we have everything. your doc will have the training to treat you in the best possible way aniexty can make you feel very strange it cause all sorts of symptons that can vary from person to person keep going you will start to feel better soon pm me if i can help best wishes

Yeah I agree, perhaps it's the medication kicking in.

update.......Been to the doc today and she has prescribed me an additional 10mg of citalopram aswell as antibiotics for a possible sinus infection (Fingers crossed these bad headaches have some relation to my sinuses.

Thread Information