Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prescribed mirtazapine today, will i sleep?

prescribed mirtazapine today, will i sleep?

Have such awful insomnia recently, I fall asleep ok then wake at 3 or 4am and then don't get back to sleep. I'm so exhausted but due to anxiety can't even nap in the day. GP has prescribed mirtazapine today to take at night. I some people say they feel groggy in morning, but will I sleep through?

Re: prescribed mirtazapine today, will i sleep?

If it is a low dose i.e. 7.5mg-15mg then you will almost certainly sleep. That hungover and groggy feeling will continue during the day at least for the first four weeks. The sedative effects will continue if you maintain a low dose. EJ

Ok, I really Hope so. 15mg is what I have. I do have to take my kids to school in morning, Maybe I should get someone else lined up to do this.

Good luck let me know how you get on x x

Quote Originally Posted by austinali66 View Post
    Ok, I really Hope so. 15mg is what I have. I do have to take my kids to school in morning, Maybe I should get someone else lined up to do this.
    Maybe as you will definitely be groggy. Saying that I carried on as normal and the first few weeks were the worst. EJ

Well Yes I guess I have had to function for the last month or so feeling rubbish!

I would say you will def sleep if its a low dose and it a good deep sleep if you know what I mean? I had no side effects when I first started other then good sleep (a god send!!) and the odd feeling sick/furry tongue hung over feeling which came and went (wasnt huge) I have a 2 and a half year old and was worried I wouldnt be fit to take care of him on these so went to stay with my rents while I started them but to be honest would of coped fine at home. I started on 7.5mg then went to 15mg and have just this week went to 30mg as I had a dip in my feelings x

Thanks mardy good to hear. I took first one last night 15mg but stupidly fell asleep on sofa before taking it and woke up at 12 so had to take it then which is a bit late.
    . I did sleep all night which was great but felt very spaced out and fuzzy this morning. Had a bit of a panic about whether I could get up and get kids to school but forced myself into shower and got on. I do feel a bit headachy and wooley but happy to stick with it. I know people complain about weight gain, but its just been nice to have some appetite back after weeks of not eating. What I don't understand is why gp wants me to keep taking my fluoexetine in morning as well, Gabriel seen anyone here post about that combination before.

Planning to take my Mirt about 10pm.tonight, what time do you take yours?

Just been on 15mg for 3 weeks. Nowhere near as spaced out as I was the first 2 weeks which is good. Didn't sleep at all first 5 nights but now find I'm sleeping quite well for first time in about 8 years. Weird dreams though!

I was on 30mg for about a month. I found the drunk/dizzyness/vertigo side effects settled down after about 2 weeks. They certainly helped me sleep. I have reduced now (15mg) with the hope of coming off them. I have gained 1stone 4pounds in 6 weeks and I feel fat and uncomfortable!
    Has anyone else had this side effect or can suggest anything that works well for panic/anxiety and also sleep? A lot to ask I know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information