Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the NHS!

State of the NHS!

I have complained in the past because I couldn't get DLA but read the following story and you'll know why some people find it hard to receive this benefit.

The way this woman has been treated is disgusting and goes to prove the state that the benefits system is in.

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/news/ip...port_1_1124587

Els

Re: State of the NHS!

Is this the result of an ATOS assessment?..I'd really like to know???

Our 'DAVE' (Cameron) is behind this despicable treatment of the sick and disabled...the Nazi's (Adolf Hitler) persecuted those unable to take care of themselves.

Today I was told by a hospital consultant I could lose my right leg...where would that leave me with my DLA?

You're right! It's the fault of the government.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

OMG! I've just read the comments some of the people have made on this story in paper and I have to say I find them really offensive. I wonder if they had to spend a day in a wheelchair they would still be saying the same. Some people!

My partner gets DLA. When she reapplied last year they took her off it, without even seeing her and even though nothing had changed. She appealed and surprise surprise she's got it back, again without being seen. Heard loads of stories like this. They, the government, are on a mission to get numbers down. There actually might be some merit in what they are trying to do but its being done in a very heavy handed way and, as usual, some innocent and vulnerable people suffer.

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

...although I'm not sure why the thread is titled 'State of the NHS'.

Actually I think you may find that these "reforms" were already in place under the Labour Govt and the targets to reduce the number of claimants already well under way.

Whether we like it or not, there are too many people working the system and putting it under too much pressure with false dla claims when they are perfectly capable of work and, sadly, the easy option is to claim mental health problems. (Those that claim falsely on this should walk a day in the shoes of someone with genuine mental health illness).

Whilst I agree that the system to weed out these false claims is not perfect, they have to start somewhere and people have to realise that they cannot rely on the handouts if they are not entitled to them.

Those who are entitled by whatever criteria is set, be it from a successful appeal of a fit to work decision, or by originally being assessed as not being fit to work, will continue to receive their benefits.

It would appear that those who have been assessed by ATOS as fit for work are generally successful on appeal, especially those with mental health issues.

I know it is a hassle for the genuine claimant but good luck to all of you having to deal with this and just trust that the evidence of your GPs and CPNs or mental health teams will be sufficient to prove your cases as I am sure that they will.

Macc Noodle
    xx

I haven't read the article but agree it seems to be a very misleading thread title!

Quote Originally Posted by macc noodle View Post
    Actually I think you may find that these "reforms" were already in place under the Labour Govt and the targets to reduce the number of claimants already well under way.
    Very true, but the new government has done nothing to stem the downward spiral that was already in place.

Whilst I agree that the system to weed out these false claims is not perfect, they have to start somewhere and people have to realise that they cannot rely on the handouts if they are not entitled to them.

Those who are entitled by whatever criteria is set, be it from a successful appeal of a fit to work decision, or by originally being assessed as not being fit to work, will continue to receive their benefits.
    My view on your first paragraph is, it's not 'not perfect' - the system is broken in my considered opinion.

With regards to your second, those with true mental health problems that mean they cannot work are least likely to feel able to contest or face the appeal procedure.

I believe from my own personal experience Atos failed me at the assessment as a mental health sufferer simply because they didn't expect me to fight my way to the tribunal.

I did (still don't know how I managed it) and I won.

This was a home medical by the way, because at that point I was only able to leave my flat once a week or so for a few minutes at a time. And, despite the letter from my GP saying that, I was given ZERO points on my initial assessment.

I know it is a hassle for the genuine claimant but good luck to all of you having to deal with this and just trust that the evidence of your GPs and CPNs or mental health teams will be sufficient to prove your cases as I am sure that they will.

Macc Noodle
    xx
    So you are not having to deal with this yourself I take it ?

If that is the case you are not qualified to make any kind of comment or 'assessment' ...pun intended...sorry...

Not sure why this is titled 'State of the NHS'

I was appalled by the comments on the story itself and disgusted to call the posters human.

They miss the point of DLA. It is to 'help' people with disabilities and this woman is disabled. The comments by posters suggesting 'pay her way' I think I am right in assuming these people do not pay for 'help' with disabilities in their lives and have no idea or grasp to the extra costs required for 'disabled' people to carry out everyday activities.

Again the Government putting pressure on DWP and GP's to reduce costs as the expense of health. Disgusting.

Whether we like it or not, there are too many people working the system and putting it under too much pressure with false dla claims when they are perfectly capable of work and, sadly, the easy option is to claim mental health problems. (Those that claim falsely on this should walk a day in the shoes of someone with genuine mental health illness).

It would appear that those who have been assessed by ATOS as fit for work are generally successful on appeal, especially those with mental health issues.

Macc Noodle
    xx
    I totally agree with every word Macc.

I don't understand either why certain members here are jumping down your throat, though I expected they would as it is a passionate subject.

Just because someone may not have been in this situation does not mean in any way that they are 'not qualified to make any kind of comment or 'assessment''

I also find the comparison of Hitler and the Nazis persecution of the infirm to unfair medical assessments completely over the top, and to be honest, I am sure that would be highly offensive to anyone affected by those horrendous events in WW2.

IMO, to compare that to this is ludicrous.

In fact, if they are a UK tax payer, or have been which I know macc has, they have EVERY right to comment.

Whether people have had a difficult time with genuine claiming or not - which I completely sympathise with, as they are the ones being punished and suffering terribly for the false claims of many workshy layabouts - something needed to be done to at least partly stem the money bleeding from the welfare state and going into the pockets of a bunch of fakers.

I think it is quite rude to tell someone they have no right to an opinion on this just because you seem to be bitter about personal experiences.

I think you made a valid point Macc.xx

Incidentally, I also don't understand why the NHS is mentioned in the title. They have zilch to do with this.
    Last edited by debs71; 15-11-11 at 12:56.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information