Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My success story :) so far....

Re: My success story :) so far....

Wow what an insperational story, thank-you for for sharing with us and i hope things continue well xxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Not sure if this would bump the post or this thread will remain back in the crypt of 2011, but recently I've been needing the site again.
    It has been years since I last posted, it was amazing to read back what was happening and my thought process of almost 9 years ago. A lot has happened.
    My last update ended as I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Well, a few rounds of radiotherapy later and I'm still here. A couple of metastases scares over the years but all turned out ok. I still have my ectopics regular and daily, 10 years now, and they still managed to invoke such fear in me at times.
    I've got married, been back to university again, changed my job and moved house in that time. Unfortunately at the end of last year I was told I had pre-cancerous cells in my womb, I am currently on regular observation but it's likely this year I will be having a hysterectomy. I think the realisation of not having children is what tipped me over the edge, and my anxiety has been relentless ever since. The news came shortly after the unexpected death of baby I had been involved in the care of (I work in safeguarding children), and it hit me, hard. The anxiety of "what did i miss" "what did i do wrong" "could i have stopped it" was in a word, destroying. I needed some time off work due to this and it was then I was given the news about my womb. Since then I have struggled with my anxiety again, the ectopics are back in force and I've again been in a&e with "chest pain". I am having an echocardiogram and another ecg tomorrow as the dr spotted long QT. ... isnt that great, something else for the pile. I have also just had blood results and I am iron deficient. It doesnt rain but it pours.
    I'm not sure if anyone will read this, I have waffled on long enough for sure.
    For now I will meditate, breathe, eat well and continue to battle on.
    Ducky xx

I'm so sorry you've had such an awful time, Ducky. Please keep us posted - there's a whole bunch of newbies here to offer help and support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information