Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Imipramine - anyone tried it?

Re: Imipramine - anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by rocklover View Post
    Thought I'd come back to this thread just to give some feed back on the Imipramine. I am now on 150mg a day and I'm tolerating it really well, the only side effects I get are dizziness on standing up to quickly or bending down and i get very sleepy for hour a few hours after taking it.

I have also stopped having panic attacks, although I still get anxious in the morning, but on the whole I feel that Imipramine is giving me my life back.
    Hi Rocklover - We used to communicate on the Mirtazapine threads So pleased to see that you are now doing well... long may it continue

Take care.
    Belle x

Hi Belle, thanks for posting. Just as an example of how much I have improved, yesterday I took my daughter to school, then took my partner and son to Sainsbury's to do grocery shopping. I then picked my daughter up from school and then popped out to the local retail park to get some stuff my mum needed.

All of the above my mum was doing for me before, I hardly ever left the house and I panicked pretty much all day every day. I am even managing to sleep better and if I wake early (as I did constantly before) I don't panic and mostly I can get back to sleep.

I am now experimenting with taking my tablets at tea time rather than in the morning, so that I can veg out when I get really sleepy.

Hi Rocklover.I have been on Imipramine for about 15 years,at one point taking 300mg a day!!My anxiety was chronic,as well as depression.I weaned myself down to 200mg because I wanted to try and manage without them,but unfortunately I couldn't reduce any lower.I have recently been having horrendous PMT so my GP thought it might be better to try Sertraline which I started four days ago,whilst decreasing the Imipramine at 75mg a fortnight.Imipramine really is fantastic for anxiety,and I would imagine your GP will increase it gradually.I don't recall having any side effects when I started it.I think the normal therapeutic dose is 100 - 150mg,I was in hospital when they put me on such a high dose.Good luck with it and persevere,it really is brilliant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information