Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Paroxetine (Paxil) Diary

Re: My Paroxetine (Paxil) Diary

you don't need anti depressants.

please go to this site:

paxilprogress.org.

paxil is a bad drug it won't help you just mask the problems that you have.

you will feel okay for a while, but how long do you plan to carry on with this drug? it stops working after a while called 'poop out'.

then you think that you can just stop taking it but the withdrawal effects are a million times worse than any other drug that you have taken in the past.

please go to the above website.

best of luck in the future. x

Hi luv2teach, Iv'e been taking them for 2 weeks sunday just gone. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpas that must be really tough. Keep going I know it seems to be a long old process !! if only there were a magic pill eh ! I can't believe Iv'e felt like this for 12 wks now from when it started but just keep reminding myself of how much better I feel now compared to those 12 wks ago... keep going with the meds and stay positive, good luck take care x

Hi there - just wanted to share that I am experiencing the same side effects as you and am currently on day 8 at 10mg. My GP prescribed 20mg per day but having taken this AD before I knew I woulnd't be able to handle the side effects of such a high dose.

This is my third time on this AD and on the previous two occassions it's worked wonders after 4-6 weeks, it's just a shame that the side effects are so bad. I've only ever tries one other AD, Prozac, and it made me vomit every day for a few weeks so I stopped and went back onto Seroxat.

I went back on seroxat this time following a long wthdrawal, ending in January this year (I'd be taking it for about 10yrs and decided it was time to see if I was "well"). Since January I hadn't been myself but never noticed the signs until a couple of weeks ago, when I decided to go back to the GP and ask if I "could have my Seroxat back". I've had a series of good days/bad days and my anxiety has gone through the roof but I've been trying to tackle it as best I can, which is often very hard but investing in jigsaws and puzzle books to channel my concentration and relax me has helped a bit.

I find that if I take mine in the evening the side effects are easier to deal with and I get a better nights sleep (although I'm not sure how deeply I'm sleeping because I'm not dreaming at all but at least I'm not having nightmares like I used to whenever I took it in the morning).

Riding out the storm is very difficult when the anxiety is so high but I haven't had a full blown panic attack which is a positive. I've forced myself into the shower every morning and tried to get out of the house as early as I possibly can - even if that means spending time at someone elses house, as long as I'm not sitting home alone my anxiety lessens because my anxiety feeds my anxiety.

I know friends who have taken AD's without ANY adverse side effects or worsening of their particular condition and I'm so jealous of them but I know that this AD has worked for me before for many years so I'm hopeful that I'll start to level out over the next week or so.

It's worth noting that Seroxat has a very short half life in comparison to other SSRI's so can take longer to build up in your system and stay there (hence, I tend to feel much better in the afternoon or evening as it's starting to lessen in my system).

I find reading other peoples progression useful as it helps me relate to the side effects I'm experiencing.

Well after only 2 1/2 weeks on this med, I am now coming off of it! A few days ago I started dry heaving, spitting up yellow bile, and having bad thoughts. I hate to even write this down because I've always been so scared of death, so when I felt like just giving up without even thinking about how it would effect my family (mainly my little girl), I knew something was terribly wrong. Went to see my doctor who told me I should not be getting worse like this and that I should come off of paroxetine ASAP.

Sine I've only been on it for such a short time, I'm going to take half my dose (5mg) for a few days and then just stop. I really was hoping this one would work for me, but I am just way too sensitive to SSRIs ... So I'm going to try a d get through this with my lorazapam and CBT. I am not comfortable taking any antidepressants for the time being. I do want to wish everyone who is still on this journey the best of luck! I've heard many stories of people who had positive outcomes taking this and other types of antidepressants. I will let you all know how I get on without the meds.

I'm so sorry it's made you so ill. I can empathize having reacted the same was with Prozac.

I know how you feel with still needing to function as a mother and not wanting your little girl to see you this way. I have a little girl too and I really don't want this period to effect her in any adverse way. The up side is they can only see what's happening on the outside (that's what I try to tell myself anyway). My daughter has coped very well with periods of me being in hospital following surgery which was probably more trying for her.

I hope that you find the right course of meds/therapy. I've made it through far worse times than this so we can all do it. Your inner strength will surface soon, just finding the strength to see your doctor is an incredible achievement for many of us.

Thank you lauz! I'm tapering off of them for a few days and then I'll just stop taking them (as advised by my doctor). I'm still feeling sick and nauseous but I hope that will go away soon! Best of luck to you and I hope the meds continue to help you.

Hi luv2teach, I'm so sorry to hear the meds made you feel so bad I can also relate to how awful you feel as I also reacted badly to my meds before the paroxetine which was sertraline !! scarey !! keep us posted on how you get on with the cbt, good luck and take care

Hi luv2teach just read through your posts and i can understand how bad you must have felt. I was like that on citalopram. Well i suffered the SE badly when I first went on them but my god I ended up having a bad water infection and I sufferd pain and dry vomiting I thought it was my water infection which i ended up in hospital with for 3 days as i was weeing blood and I also coughed up a bit of blood a few times while on the cit. When I think back it could have all been related to the citalopram. as cystitis is a symptom one can get with citalopram.

Anyway long story short I am now on amitriptyline it is an old type AD my cousin and one of my friends took it and said thy felt calm and it helped them the only side effect I have had is drying of my nose and mouth but water helps that. I have been on it a week started on 25mg and the dryness started to go so tonight I have upped it to 50mg will stay on them. They are good at helping you to sleep also. I just thought it may help you if you do need to take a AD good luck with whatever you decide

Cathy xx

I saw my GP yesterday and after two weeks on 10mg I am now slowly upping to 20mg over the next couple of weeks, just 2-3mg every 2-3 days depending on the SE's. Just want t get through it as quickly as I can to allow the full 20mg so start doing its magic.

My GP is also referring me for councelling/CBT. Hopefully by the time I get to the top of the waiting list the the Seroxzat will have properly kicked in and I'll be feeling more like me again.

Ella- thanks for the reply! I had another CBT session yesterday and felt pretty good afterwards. Even stayed out of the house most afternoon with just a little anxiety. Today, not so good as I just got my period and that always makes my anxiety and all related symptoms worse. Hopefully in a few days, I'll feel better again.

Cathy & Lauz - best of luck on your meds...I truly hope they work for you! If things don't improve for me, I will ask my doctor about the amitriptyline. Hugs to all...hope we all get some relief soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information