Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Paroxetine (Paxil) Diary

Re: My Paroxetine (Paxil) Diary

Hi Luv - hope you're feeling better this evening.

I started upping my dose two days ago and was really fearful of the SE's returning, I only upped it by 2mg but so far so good, no returning of adverse SE's at all at this point so may up by another 2mg tomorrow.

What other AD's etc have you tried in the past? Has anything else worked for you before?

I tried citalopram and Mirtazapine ... I was hoping med #3 would be the one for me! Right now I'm just taking my lorazepam to get me through the days. I've been better about going out, but still feel so much anxiety when I'm away from my comfort zone. Today I had a parent teacher conference at my daughters school and although I felt trapped and on the verge of panic the whole 30 minutes, I did it! I even went shopping afterwards but the shop was so busy that I left after only about 10 minutes or so.

Do you suffer from agoraphobia too, or just a general anxiety? I wish I could go back to the days where I just had general anxiety and an occasional panic attack. When you add agoraphobia to the mix of everything, it is soooooo much worse!!! :(

Whilst I've been back on Seroxat, my anxiety has been about EVERYTHING, but I had to just keep telling myself it was just the SE's and would go away. In the most part it has but there are still some lingering anxieties, particularly early in the day. The fear of being alone is the hardest, because I don't like being idle, that's when my thoughts get the better of me.

It's a really hard, long battle sometimes, and even though the AD's/meds heighten the anxieties initially, the 2-3 week battle is worth it for the feelings of relief that start to come are all worth it.

I know that I'll feel 100 times worse for a while, but soon, I'll feel 1000 times better.

Lauz-lea Wow that is so strange to me, as soon as I up my dose a from a near zero, say 2.5mg to 5mg wow and instant relaxing effect, calming and feel more positive than before.

Luv2teach It does take time forsome people to kick in and some may experience anxiety, dizzy spells, palpitations even as brain chemistry is being altered it's only logical that something will happen, in my case only good things happen when I up my dosefrom a very low dose, maybe cause I have taken it for a long time and therefore there is little adjustment in my brain, I don't know.

Hey if you live in London I can go with you to some shops or places, actually was thinking of doing this to help others beat their anxieties, sometimes family members don't understand how can they really? I nused to have serious anxieties aboutbeing in a room with others and going 'red' or blushing and everyone looking at me, . Still do sometimes but nothing like before.

Maybe it would have been great if someone could have taken me by the hand years ago when my problems all started instead docs gave me tranquilizers that made me into a zombie, idiots saying to me snap out of it and making me feel more embarrased made my self esteem reach the floor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information