Thread: Relief to be here!

Relief to be here!

Hi everyone. Have just joined so still trying to get the hang of posting things etc! Have suffered from panic attacks for 15 years and pretty much manage them day to day but they have recently reared their ugly head again. I still do not go on trains, planes, tubes, lifts etc and despite having some lovely friends they just don't understand when I have a 'moment' or I can't go into London with them by train. Am frustrated by it and would really like to meet other sufferers out there who just 'get' it! Would love to hear from anyone on here. It helps to be with people who understand. I am in the Hampton/Teddington area. Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi cornishgirl70

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Relief to be here!

I was brought up in Hampton, and lived there for a few years in my 30s. I was more on the borders of Hanworth, not the posher Hampton Hill!

Hi Baileys
    Nice to hear from someone! Am finding the thread thing a little overwhelming and haven't quite grasped it yet!! So where do you live now? P

Hi Cornishgirl70,

For a minute while reading your post, i thought it was mine lol...I am exactly the same as you! I just joined recently and was surprised i'm not alone with these feelings. I think this is a great place to be, to be yourself and to able to speak about your issues without having to worry in what the other person is thinking of you and to be understood. Fingers crossed
    Last edited by Sonia_65; 17-11-11 at 13:36.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishgirl70 View Post
    Hi Baileys
    Nice to hear from someone! Am finding the thread thing a little overwhelming and haven't quite grasped it yet!! So where do you live now? P
    Sunny Ashford....its lovely here today.

Thread Information