Thread: "Desperate"

Unhappy "Desperate"

I actually feel desperate now! I suffer with really bad agoraphobia and for a while there I felt like I'd got a grip on it. The came the last two weeks. I haven't been able to go out of the house for more than ten minutes without feelings real anxiety. Then today in class, I walked out-waited in the toilets, then when I went into the corridor, my personal tutor was walking down, I made her go and get my stuff so that I could run home. This is my final year of uni. I shouldn't be this ill still!

When I started my education it was with an aim to get better, yet six years down the line, I'm still ill-sometimes I think I am worse than I was when I started! I have tried to get help but I get offered medication-which I hate because I can't get past the first two weeks. Or CBT which just doesn't work for me. So I feel as though I am left to just cope as doctors don't think I want to change. But surely medication and one form of therapy is not enough to offer a person before you decide they just can't be bothered? I feel so desperate for help and I honestly fear that this will be my life and I have no idea how to deal with that!

Re: "Desperate"

Well I guess this post was of no interest to anyone :(

Have you tried kalms tablets and rescue remedies? I couldnt stick to any medication because I was terrified of the side effects but I dont get any from kalms tablets and feel a lot better since ive been taking them

It maybe worth changing your doctor also.

Have you tried talking to the support worker at your uni? I did this at my college and theyve been amazing! It does get better it just takes time, if you can find out a way to get through your classes you'll start to feel better, I was at a point where I couldnt sit through mine but with the college help I eventually managed one and it felt so good doing it!

Hope your ok x

I know how you feel as I've just had a really bad setback after doing well for a long time. I've felt hopeless and pathetic, not to mention exhausted. You've clearly been doing really well to have got so far and be in your final year of uni. This is just a setback, it will get better.

Hi
    People may have found it difficult to know what to say that would help but I'm sure many here empathised with your plight. You can find a way through this believe me.

I have sent you a pm.

Robin

CBT4Panic is now completely FREE and anyone can access the full programme here http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information