Thread: mammogram

mammogram

i have had a letter for a 3yearly routine mammogram, for next thurday, and my anxiety levels are terrible, i am dizzy weepy and my heart races, and i havent even been yet!! so i dont know how i am going to cope waiting for results, people say to me dont worry, or worry if their i something wrong, but the way i feel is really bad, if i cancell i will think is there something wrong, so what do i do its like catch 22. please please help me someone to get through the next couple of weeks, i feel low, as my daughter lives in the usa, and my iter died 4 year ago, my elderley mother ho i 89 need looking after and my brother doent ant to kno. my boyfriend ha health problem. i hope i dont ound like a hinning minnie. thi keyboard i breaking don.. thankyou.

Re: mammogram

I know exactly how you feel as I am just the same - last time I was able to get the doctor to prescribe some diazepam for me to take. Scared to go, scared not to go etc etc. I have been called for my smear test and feel just like you. I know I should just get on with it but I am in a real state about it. I know the only sensible thing to do is to go and get it over and done with! It's the same for me with anything medical - desperately need to go to the opticians (too scared!) - cancelled my dental appointment (too scared!) so I live in this perpetual state of anxiety knowing that I must get these things done. I really sympathise with you because I know what it's like. I know this isn't much help to you, but just want you to know that you are not alone!!!! My husband says that having tests doesn't give you the disease - it gives you the opportunity to be cured if you do. Such a healthy way of thinking! and so true, of course. Be brave and good luck! ps my son lives in Oz and I find that really difficult too! x

Well you don't have to go if you don't want to do you? That is one solution. But then you will worry yourself sick that you should have gone just in case there was anything wrong.

Or, you could ask the doc for a tablet to calm you down and go and get it done - it only takes minutes and yes the waiting for the results is absolutely the worst part (having had it done a couple of months ago and suffering HA, I do know).

Only you can deal with this - there is no perfect answer - what suits one person does not suit another.

And, the truth really is that if there is anything wrong with you, surely you would want to get it sorted rather than torment yourself so maybe the two weeks worry after the mammogram is the only solution (yes, I was a complete wreck too) to get an answer.

Good luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you for the replie i reall y appreciate it.

i had a mammogram on thurday, and i have had terrible anxiety ince then, fluttering in the heart area ith really bad palpitation,like a vibrating ierd thing i am really terrified of getting a phoen call or a letter, i have been doing other thing to take my mind off it, but the anxiety i there all the time, i had a really bad day yeterday i couldnt cope at all, i had to help my mum ho i 89, i felt really paced out, ho can you feel poitive hen your thought are bombarding you ith negative thought thi keyboard i not orking right, pleae excue the mitake. any help ..

Hey hunny , I had a mammogram last year and to put your mind at rest they check the scans straight away and would not let you go if there was a problem . So sounds like you are ok , so please don't worry , you would not have left the hospital if there was a problem I m sure . Hope this helps xxx
    Big hug from Zoe xxx

Thread Information