Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Claire Weekes Question?

Claire Weekes Question?

Hello everyone,
    I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has read and tried Claire Weekes's advice?
    Since reading her book i've been feeling alot better after taking her advice to face and accept the symptoms...i still have a long way to go though but my anxiety has definatly improved,i get setbacks but try and accept these as part of recovery!(Big Thank-You to those who recommended her books!!!)
    I even made it to the shop on my own yesterday!! A first for a very long time!!
    Anyway i'd love to hear from anyone who has tried/is trying her advice?

Hi,

I do read Claire Weekes on and off and it gives me great comfort. I also take advice from other professionals and facing and accepting are certainly key.

But some days its just too hard face and so go at your own pace. Also take note that anxiety can be worse some days than others. On bad days, I try and chill and face what I think I can cope with. There have been times when I've only been able to do something in the evening, for example going down the corner shop, but the thing is I did it.

It takes time, but you will get there.

Take Care,

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Yes I've had Claire Weeks book for about a week now and there isn't a day when I don't read just a little bit. Her advice is sound and I also have been benefitting - I sometimes hear myself say "Don't be frightened, your nerves are playing tricks on you".

Accepting and not fearing are very hard to do and you will have good days and bad days. I felt really positive yesterday afternoon and evening but less so today - so i'm trying to float!

Good luck xxx

Hi there Im a big Claire Weekes fan her book Self Help For Your Nerves is my Bible it stays at the side of my bed 24/7 and Im also going to buy some of her other books thats been recommended to me. I think accepting whats wrong with us is the easy part but telling our body to stop the symptoms is the hardest thing.

Mandyxx

Hi - reading Claire Weekes was a turning point for me and started me on my recovery - her straight forward explanation of all my symptoms took away the fear - I still dip into it from time to time to reassure myself - I've got certain bits that I read over.
    Love Helen

Hi,
    Thank-you all for your replies!
    I agree reading her books is such a comfort and i just wish id found her work sooner.
    I think it will be a long time yet before im near recovery and im still having more bad days than good but the good days are returning.I do think its after reading her work ive been able to make the progress (albeit small)i have.
    Made it to the shops on my own again today but now im feeling not so great but trying to relax and float etc....taking one day at a time etc.
    Hopefully in time my nerves will de-sensitise.
    Thank u again

Take care xx

I've read her book on self help for the nerves and it was a turning point for me in so much as it helped me understand anxiety better. I'd recommend it just for that alone. It also explains in very easy terms how to cope and deal with anxiety. It's the first book that i've been able to concentrate fully on and read from start to finish in a very long time.

take care

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

She should have been Prime Minister!!!

If you like the books I'd STRONGLY suggest that you get her audio tape, but it's up to you obviously.

When you hear her voice she emphasises some of the points I'd missed and which are critical. It seems to make sense even more when she's talking and I found it great for car journeys etc. It's also good to hop from tape to book and back again.
    I found that as I recovered gradually bits of the book and tape took on a whole new meaning that may not have appeared relevant earlier in the condition.

The book should be on a compulsory reading list for schools in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
    Trev
    (Claire Weekes fan in case you hadn't guessed!!!!!!)

Thank you both!

Well she would get my vote for PM

Ive actually just downloaded one of her audio tapesjust havnt been able to listen to it properly yet as its half term and cant even hear myself think with the kids around let alone listen to the audio tape.lol
    Im now also a huge fan of her work and hoping to build up a collection of her work.
    I do believe her advice has helped me make the small steps ive been making recently. She's given me the kick start i needed and helped me to understand this anxiety and why we feel the way we do,its such a comfort.I just wish she was still around so i could thank her personnally!

Thanks again!!!

I also wanted to say that its also finding this website that has helped me find the courage to face this anxiety and want to beat it!
    All the advice and the endless support,encouragement and understanding that everyone offers is amazing!!
    So Thank You for being here!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information