Thread: now im worried again appointment with consultant

now im worried again appointment with consultant

hi everybody
    i havent been on for a while coz i havent been really worried that much.

i used to suffer day in and day out with ectopics all day sometimes but for some reason i havent been getting them alot or if i have then i dident notice.
    anyway to get to the point about 7 weeks ago or so i had a 24 hour heart monitor put on i did get some while i was on it so i thought that i would hear some news from the consultant but i dident so i started to think that they dident find anything so i would be fine.
    today tho the nurse from the hospital called and said that the consultant would now see me on the 14th december.
    so now im thinking oh god they found something and now im so scared and i know im going to worry until the appointment worrying am i dieing and what they found if anybody knows what i should do or tell me if any have been in the same situation i would be really greatfull as i dont want to go back in panic mode.
    thanks if you canxxxxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Re: now im worried again appointment with consultant

Hi

It is normal to have follow-up appointments and they would not leave it that long if there was anything wrong - trust me.

I am sure it is fine and just a routine appointment

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Try not to panic, but I know that's so difficult. I've been there already... I'm sure they would have called you in much sooner than 14th December if they had any real concerns. They don't take these things lightly if there are genuine risks.
    I'd been doing okay for a while, then today there they are again - the darn thuds, pauses and skips. I hate them too, and after three years of this I still panic...
    All the best.
    NattyOne.

hi thanks i think i just had a moment of sheer panic when i got the phone call as soon as they said who it was my heart started thuding uncontrolably.

since then ive felt tight chested and wish i hadent got so het up in the first place coz i felt really panicy but thanks nicola for your reply i had time to think then thought like you didxx

nattyone thanks also your right it is hard and it is some time away and i hate the waiting game to much time to think.
    it is horrible when they go and then come back its horriblexxxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Thread Information