Thread: Is it IBS, Stress Stomach or something more serious?

Is it IBS, Stress Stomach or something more serious?

3 weeks ago I started feeling full after dinner, quickly followed by indigestion, this progressed to a hot,uncomfortable feeling and pains in various parts of my stomache, left side,right side,middle and bottom, seems to alternate around/

Bowels are normal.

I am a worrier regarding my health, and I've been frightening myself to death reading about stomach cancer, but,having suffered similar symptoms around 15 yrs ago ( suspected ibs ) i'm assuming this is probably a repeat of this.

I'm male,51,high pressure job which i hate, home life is not top of the pops either.

Go to the docs I hear you say? hmm....he's sick of the sight of me....so i'll just sit here all quiet and worry.....

Anyone have confimed ibs with similar symptoms?

Re: Is it IBS, Stress Stomach or something more serious?

I was thinking that you could be menopausal but looking again i see that's not possible, lucky you.
    I don't think your doc would be concerned about your symptoms you've nothing to suggest anything serious going on. It could be IBS but it could just be a nervous tummy.
    I don't think i have IBS, but i do get weeks of feeling really full after the smallest of meals and bad stomach cramps. I do find sometimes now as i get older that i cant tolerate the same types of food that i used to.
    Maybe you need to take a look at your diet. I find some of those flavoured teas help to calm my stomach and try and relax too, my stomach is much worse when im having too many weeks of high stress.
    If it doesn't settle in a few weeks pop to your docs, he may be able to give you something to help.

Thread Information