Thread: Brother- Clozapine

Brother- Clozapine

My brother had a blood test today as his on clozapine and his white blood cells are low. so there re- running tests tommorow and watching him closely.
    This is a rare side effect of clozapine but it basically means its killing his immune system and i feel awful for him.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103915 this thread explains more about it :|
    i feel anxious as he means so much to me and my family and i dont want to loose him also i swear there is squirrels in the loft. they were found 2 years ago and i hear bangs from up there... i can see a hole outside the house were sparrows have made but i wonder if squirrels are getting into.

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

its so hard watching him full apart like he is ;(

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

My mum keeps crying and is very anxious about him. I dont want anything else to happpen to him pyhsically. :'(

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

i cant even sleep :(

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

if i go to bed i wont wake up- there will be a fire or ben will be worse in the morning and ill miss my chance to say goodbye.

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

also i just accidently filled a dirty glass and drank out of it and felt something like dust on it go down my throat. my anxiety is sky high tonight.

Re: Brother- Clozapine

My boyfriend is on Clozapine for schizophrenia. He just had to spend a month in hospital because he wasn't taking it properly. Thankfully, although he had been taking it erratically, he didn't have to titrate it up to his full dose which would have kept him in hospital longer. He gets his bloods checked regularly but I don't know what happens if your white blood cells aren't right. They might lower the dose but like I said I really don't know, I'm just guessing. It's a very effective drug for treating schizophrenia.

I remember being on an a/d called Mianserin years ago and they took me off it cos of my white blood cells.

Hope he's ok. Has he been on aripriprazole?

thank you- turned out his ok x

Oh that's good! x

Thread Information