Thread: 20mg cipralex

20mg cipralex

I was on cipralex for 10mg for 5 weeks with slight success but 10 days ago it was upped to 20mg had 4 good days than now anxiety is back. Is this normal or does the increase take a few weeks to kick in as I, m getting disappointed with the ups and downs

Joy

Re: 20mg cipralex

Hi Joy,

With my experience of going from 10mg to 15 mg to 20mg I did have the ups and downs. In fact it has taken over six months for the meds to really level out. Six months is daunting but during this period I was progressing and feeling better more than not.

Unfortunately the answer her is patience.....

There are things you can try to help yourself through the journey though...

I feel like a billboard sometimes and I hope I don't irritate people with this information:

Exercise (20 mins of heart rate increase 3 times a week)
    Deep breathing exercises (especially during periods of high anxiety)
    Relaxation techniques (meditation, music, napping, reading, watching movies....etc)
    Talk Therapy (talking to someone who can listen and that you trust. I called it the Bitch/Whine/Moan sessions)
    Diet (The stomache has been proven to be a major center for fueling the brain's actions, when you are anxious notice how you stomache is in knots....with eating right it does help considerably. Also at times an antacid can calm your stomach which can calm anxiety)
    Sunlight - Vitamin D (mood vitamin) and Melatonin producing (the dark harmone which helps you sleep)

The list can any of the above plus whatever else you have discovered that helps you.

I find posting my daily journal here helped me to see that I was progressing, even though I felt I wasn't at times. We can spin things into bigger then they are events so easy (especially with anxiety helping us!!!)

Hang in there, you are experiencing the same as a lot of people here. With some time you will be feeling better....just keep up the fight! It is worth it!

anyone else got anything to say re my previous question

joy

I echo what Anxious in Canada has said. I'm a little over three months into Cipralex at 10mg and while most of the time I'm feeling pretty well, I have ups and downs as well. Sometimes they last a few moments, sometimes a day or two and a couple of times longer than that. Even now, my anxiety level is fluctuating up and down. All manageable especially when I keep in mind that the meds have been working for sure and I'm feeling better most of the time. Even my doctor said that I should look at things in 4 week chunks. If 3 out of 4 weeks I'm doing well, then no need to worry as he doesn't want to up my dose unnecessarily. He assure me that ups and downs are quite common and nothing to worry about. Not easy to hear but comforting to know that everyone experiences it.

Thread Information