Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to Work Tomorrow - Phased return

Back to Work Tomorrow - Phased return

Hi All,

Well I am back in work tomorrow 1st day after 4 weeks off! to say im sh**ting it is an understatement lol! Im starting off on only 2 half days a week and then building it up slowly, so tomorrow planning on working 8 - 12 i will have to be so positive which is hard with the anxiety but i will try to keep pushing those negative thoughts back and take regular breaks in the morning,

Any tips or good lucks will be greatly received lol

Thanks for listening u lovley lot :-) XXX

Re: Back to Work Tomorrow - Phased return

Good luck. I'm sure it won't be as bad as my experience was. My only tip is go at your own pace, don't let them push you quicker than you want to go xxx

You will be fine try not to keep looking at the clock saying to yourself three hours left etc .... or it will seem the clock has stopped !!
    If you feel panicky stick it out you will win ... take your time and at the end of the day say that was easy bring on tomorrow.
    Been there after being off work for months dont worry and certainly dont try and guess what others are thinking.

Good luck! You're bound to be nervous, but once you get there I'm sure you'll feel a lot better. Just think, if you need to get some air you can nip to the loo, or if you feel worried try having a sip of water.
    I also try to break the time up (although I agree with John about not clock watching!). You're working four hours - so, think of it as two hours, cos once you've done that, you're over halfway, and if you've done the first two hours there's no reason why you can't do the next two.

Good luck! x

Hi. I am back to work tomorrow as well after being off 2 and a half weeks. I'm doing 4 hours for 3 days. Good luck. Hope everything is fine.

hi Kirgray and Humly
    Replying to you both on this thread as both of you are back to work this week .
    I know how scared you are ........and negative thoughts can be so draining .
    by this time tomorrow you will have achieved so much .so remember that time does indeed help .

In the morning make sure you eat even just a yoghurt or a banana . If tummy churning boiled water is helpful with squeeze of lemon [i never had lemon in house though !]
    Do your breathing exercises
    stand outside and get that hit of cold air
    put radio on as soon as you are up

Remember you are still recovering and your colleagues will help you
    Most people despite the news are kind and care about you
    If it is too much then dont beat yourself up ok?
    Juts more time needed that is all ............be gentle with yourself .
    No one is going to send you to jail for having tried ......you are showing courage .

I think you will surprise yourselves you know
    Just first thing in morning when at your most vulnerable ...surf those feelings
    .........keep busy and go with the flow .

Am with you both on your shoulders [big lass but you got the strength ]

let us know how it goes snow xxx

Good luck to both of you xx

WOW!!!! guys you are all so great your words mean so much to me thank u xxxx

I did it, it was so hard this morning fighting with negative thoughts, the what ifs etc, i pushed myself there and the cleaner waved me over 'are you ok' she said well that was it the tears fell, then someone else asked me, again the tears came, and someone else, i got hugs and people said they had missed me and were glad i was back, i felt sick didnt eat anything after my dry toast this morning lol i relaxed more and more the longer i was there, i am taking small steps still and just taking my time, i am doing another 2 mornings this week, i can honestly say im glad i went back!!

Thanks guys & Humly i hope your 4 hours went ok too please PM me or let me know how it went, snowgoose you are fab!!! xxxxxx

Hi Kingray. I was just the same. My boss gave me a hug and I had a few tears and nearly went back out the door and home but then just went to my desk and got on with it. Had a few tears on the way home but glad I went. I am nowhere near back to normal but its a step in the right direction. x

So glad and proud for you both that your experience was great, I can have some faith then that not all employers are like mine.

Go and treat yourselves now, you've earnt it

Big hugs xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information