Thread: Kava root for anxiety

Kava root for anxiety

They stopped selling it in the UK (or just England, not sure) years ago but you can still get hold of it, was wondering if anyone has tried it? I've tried various herbal concoctions but not this so am going to give it a go soon. My anxiety is through the roof at the moment so it may not be strong enough, we'll see. We'll also see if I'm capable of choking down new sludge!

Re: Kava root for anxiety

Howdy...

I've seen kava compared to diazepam in some literature, but from my experience it is a lot more subtle. It does however give some relief from anxiety. I take NOW brand 250mg which is standardised at 30% Kavalactones, two of these does help when I need to dampen the adrenaline flow.

I have take as many as four capsules on one go when feeling really wired and it has helped somewhat.

Give it a go, beats most other over the counter supplements for anxiety relief.

Heard some very bad things about kava linked to liver disease, probably the reason it was banned.

I take kava kava occasionally when I'm feeling particularly anxious and find it very helpful.I don't worry about the health concerns-I believe where there were some problems it was after heavy use over a long period of time.There was also a suggestion when it was banned in some countries that vested interests were at work to protect markets for pharmaceutical products

,hi , ive put a msj re swimming panic,, but how do you find any replies ,, ive just joined a few days ago , im going to try kava cava.....

Thread Information