Thread: My DH and high BP Anyone help please?

My DH and high BP Anyone help please?

A couple of months ago my DH and I started the gym. We had to have out BP taken first and my DH was 144/103 , he took it again and it lowered to 139/96 but said he couln't join gym due to high BP, so hubby went the drs where it was high again and was asked to have bloods taken in 3 weeks and have BP taken again in 4 weeks. When he had bloods done BP was taken and it was 136/93, then at drs week after 148/97 ( it was taken after the dr had just discussed his blood tests with him, couple where a little high but normal ) Was advised to buy a home BP monitor and come back in 4 weeks again. Took his bp at home and it was 133/83. Sooooooooooooo lol Do you think maybe DH anxiety plays a part when he goes the drs to have BP taken? If he had high BP would it be consstently high at home too and not fall to a normal level? We've yet to take it again today as we have to take it same time every day. This has been worrying my DH so much and he lives a healthy lifestyle, not overweight and doesn't smoke so hes wondering why he should have high BP.

Thank you so much xxx

Re: My DH and high BP Anyone help please?

The best thing you can do is take your monitor to your doctor's and get them to do the BP and then do it on your home one so you know it is accurate.

Then you can take your own readings along to show the GP if yours is proved to be accurate

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you, never thought about doing that xx

That is what I did as mine was always high at the doctor's.

He was happy for me to do readings at home as long as my BP monitor was accurate which it was.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information