Thread: Having a "bad" day...

Having a "bad" day...

I didn't know what else to do, so I thought I'd post on here...

Having my first "bad" day since I signed up a couple of weeks ago.

I've felt fine for over a week now and the yesterday I felt I was more aware of my breathing, feeling like there's and obstruction in my throat, like I'm not getting enough air into my lungs and today I feel like I've slipped back into my little dark cloud of paranoia and worry... :(

I'm convinced today that I can't breath properly - there must be something wrong with my lungs or heart - I'm back to sighing all the time, so that I feel I'm getting enough air - which makes the muscles between my shoulder blades ache, which makes me even more paranoid.

I feel so sad, I don't understand why I keep doing this to myself. I'm sat on the sofa with my son playing his computer games and my little girl dragging her dollies round by their legs and I feel so unhappy and frightened.

Why do I keep doing this, I feel like I'm going mad...

Re: Having a "bad" day...

Amystardust
    My fear is cancer of the prostate and sometimes cancer of the bowel
    And sometimes cancer of the skin and sometimes cancer in other places
    I know it's all in my head but along with the thoughts I get symptoms too
    So if I am worrying about my prostate I pee more if it's my bowls then I go to the toilet
    More if it's my skin then I see marks I convince myself are not normal you are convincing
    yourself that you cannot breath and you body is doing the same as mine does its reacting
    to your thoughts if you can find a way to calm down and do something that will take all off
    your mind away from your thoughts about breathing I think you will feel better
    don't worry about if and when it starts try and find something you can fight it with when it
    does start

Thanks for the reply.

It's so frustrating when I have a week or so of feeling fine only to slip back to being a paranoid mess for no apparent reason...

I'm gonna settle down with a book for the evening now, fingers crossed I wake up feeling better tomorrow!

hi amy, i hope you have a better day tomorrow, it will just be a blip, and you will get over it take care x

Amy
    I know how you feel i can go 2 or 3 weeks and i think its gone i am over it and then it comes back at the moment i have bean fighting it for nearly 2 weeks its so bad i am
    scared to go to bed tonight

Thanks for the replies guys! It's so helpful to know its not just me that feels like this.

Still very aware of my breathing today, feeling as though I can't get a full breath in...

I seem to pendulum swing between telling myself - "it's just anxiety, it's all in your head, there's nothing wrong" and then thinking - "but what if I'm trying to convince myself it's anxiety, but in fact there is something wrong with me and I'm just trying to kid myself into believing there's not??" - Does anyone else do this??

Thread Information