Thread: Massive fear of puking and just been prescribed medicine with side effect of puking..

Massive fear of puking and just been prescribed medicine with side effect of puking..

I've been prescribed Mefenamic Acid for bad period pain and my mum said to look it up just out of interest, except, when I looked it up it said one of the 'mild' side effects is vomiting. I don't know what to do, I need to do something for the pain when it gets bad, otherwise itll get in the way of every day life; but my fear of puking is so bad that as soon as I've taken it I'll just get anxious and probably won't be able to get on with things. I don't know what to do!

Re: Massive fear of puking and just been prescribed medicine with side effect of puki

Hi there I've taken this medicine - didn't realise that was a side effect as I probably wouldn't have taken it!!! I felt absolutely fine with it - you just have to make sure you've eaten before you take them - I remember my doctor saying that taking them on an empty tummy is not advised.

They really do help x

Re: Massive fear of puking and just been prescribed medicine with side effect of puki

Thanks, I think I'll just see how I manage without them and then if they are really necessary I'll try and be brave, otherwise back to the doctor. My fear of puking is basically the centre of all my anxiety so this is really hard for me.

x

i never read information leaflets in medicines as i fine 99% of then say can cause vomiting and am emetophobic so i just take them tab and hope for the best xx

Thread Information