Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting dose

starting dose

Has anyone strated on 25mg of Amitriptyline as I am starting it tonight. Not sure what to expect. I took it at 10pm tonight.

Cathy xx

Re: starting dose

Hi. Hope you got on ok with the amitriptyline. I have taken it in the past and was fine with it. No side effects to mention. x

cathy, i have taken it in the past, and find it makes you quite tired the next day till your body adjusts, but 25mg is quite a low dose so i would'nt expect much problems. hope it goes well x

Thanks I know it is a low dose but I am terrible for taking AD I did take citalopram and they worked fine for the 6 months I was on them and I stubidly stopped them and crashed so I started them again for 3 months but they just didnt help and the side effects where a nightmare.

I have woken with really dry synusus and feel bunged up so have been drinking water and coke to help. What would you say the best dose would be to help with anxiety and depression. and when would I be better to up the dose to have an affect.

Cathy xx

cathy, i think the theraputic dose is 50mg, having said that i would speak to your gp, i took 50mg, but it had a really bad effect on me, so had to just stop cold turkey, however i am taking citalopram for the second time, and i have to say it took longer to work than the first time, and i needed a higher dose, but it did work, it takes time, you may be fine on amitrytiline, it is an older ad, given mostly for sleep now, but it does work for many people. my advice is to talk to your gp, they will be best to advise you on the dose and when to make an increase. hope you do well x

Hi pink dove can you tell me what affect did it have on you ?

Cathy xx

cathy, at 50mg they made my heart race, and i was taken off them, but i believe this is a rare side effect, was given an ecg and all was fine, so i started on citalopram when they were out of my system, but as i say, this is not the case with everyone, i wish you good luck.

I am starting on 50mg tonight so wish me luck. I need somthing I am so depressed and anxious and it is affecting my family my 3 grown up children they are so up set about the way i am they have lost me I am not my happy go lucky self anymor well for the last 14 months i have been like this.

Cathy xx

Cathy good luck, i really hope they work for you, you will get better, and hopefully this is the first step to your recovery, sending you hugs a s well

Thanks pinkdove.

Cathy xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information