Thread: Blood test results question

Blood test results question

If you have different types of blood take eg full blood count, glucose, cholesterol, liver or any different types of blood test do the results all come back together? Or would the doctor get some results one day and some a few days later? I know the Cholesterol results were high as had a phone call but had another phone call from the doctors that cant be returned till tomorrow and am worried that there is another problem on another of my tests :( or would all the results have been back together?

Re: Blood test results question

I had my full blood count,thyroid,glucose and u&e's done last week and all mine came back on the same day.

What are they tests for? I am really worried, its my Mum who had the blood test and it picked up high cholesterol she had a call on Monday and they said she needed to go in and see the doctor. Then today while she was at work the doctors left another message to say to call them back but not to worry but to make sure she calls them back, when she rang the doctors was closed and now she has to wait till tomorrow after work to ring them. I am really worried at what they could have rang for and worried they found something else wrong with her bloods or worse. Her cholesterol was pretty high 7.5 the her good cholesterol figure was good 2.6 I am just so scared.

He just done mine because i asked him to because i have convinced myself something sinister was going on. No idea what u&e's are tests for. I am sure your mam will be fine my uncle had high cholesterol and he just had to change his diet and cut out fat and got retested a few month later.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    No idea what u&e's are tests for.
    I think I replied to you the other day and said they were for kidney function

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Not necessarily. I had a blood test last week. Have had the results for some of the things the doc was testing for but not others.

In my experience, if you get all of your results at the same time you are EXTREMELY lucky. In fact if you get anything back within a week then count your blessings!

It really depends what tests they do. Simple tests like a full blood count and U's and E's are usually the fastest.

Some results can't be done quickly. Blood cultures (looking for infections) for example can take 48 hours to come back. Liver tests definitely take a bit longer to come back too.

The tests aren't necessarily testing for a particular thing, they are usually just a broad spectrum of tests to cover and check for anything and everything.

Hope all is ok kirstynic.xx

Most blood tests are reported on together.

Thread Information