Thread: Effexor (Venlafaxine) for Panic Disorder??

Effexor (Venlafaxine) for Panic Disorder??

Hi There,

I suffer badly with Panic disorder and Agoraphobia. I have been taking mirtazapine 15mg for over a year and dont get much benefit from it anymore. Things have got progressively worse and my therapist has spoken to the Physchiatrist who has suggested Effexor / Venlafaxine as a possible option for medication. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this drug for PANIC DISORDER/AGORAPHOBIA ???

Any feedback would be appreciated. I know everyone reacts differently to things but a general idea would be great!

Keep Smiling xx

Re: Effexor (Venlafaxine) for Panic Disorder??

Hey Dizzyman,

I have experience of this. I was on Mirtazipine 45mg/day for about a year for anxiety and depression, and at a point the anxiety crept back in, and I was put on the Mirtazipine/Effexor combo - "rocket fuel" it was called! It worked wonderfully, 45mg/day mirtazipine and 150mg/day effexor. Then I was tapered off the mirtazipine and was fine. Came off effexor about 11 months ago, but had a dip about a month ago and am on duloxetine (similar med) to get me through. I found effexor to be great for panic/anxiety and depression, but everyone is different. I hope it works for you if that is what you go for!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for your feedback Missy C, very Helpful. Did you suffer a lot of panic attacks/ panic disorder? As that is what I have. Dont really have any depression at all. xx

Thread Information