Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paroxetine

paroxetine

Hiya has anybody been on this medication? Id never heard of it before but was prescribed it today.

Reading the leaflet it sound slike it has more side effects than the others ive been on.

Also it says to avoid alcohol which is slightly worrying as i tend to drink quite a lot when i go out and the doctor said i should probably stay on this medication for at least a year!

Anybody know anything about it? Thanks

Em x

Hi Em,

It's an alternative name for Seroxat, which you may well have heard of.

They do indeed list a number of *possible* side effects, it all depends on the indivdual.

I have taken this and was OK with it, although you may experience some funny side effects as your body adjusts to it.

If you feel bad with the drug after a couple of weeks, let your doctor know. I think the usual advice is to withdraw from the drug slowly should you wish to.

Take Care,

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

my doctor has started me straight on 20mg- im scared about this. Im totally terrified about taking this medication- i ahve been reading up about it and have scared myself silly. Im not sure what to do :(

It's quite normal to start people on 20mg.

It's the recommended strength in most cases.

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Oh geez it wont be any good them giving me anything that i cant drink with, going out once a week is the only thing that can give me a break from this bloomin thing lol Hopefully there are drugs that you can drink with. I had a Diazapam yesterday at 5pm & had a couple of bacardis n cokes last night when i went out & was fine? Im hoping the doc will give me some more of those just to take when and if needed now and then because that single one i had left last night in the cupboard from 2 years ago sorted me out good and proper & i feel like a new pin today to be honest!

Hi Emmie,

I have been on these tablets for just over 2 months. I started taking them at the same time i was coming off clomipramine, and found that i had a few bad days to start off with. Since then, i have been much better, and going on my experience, would recommend them.

Good Luck
    Multiplexor

hi emmie i been on it for 2 years and i drink i had no side affects at all i recomend it it has helped me ,not 100% but cert improvement ,iwas scared just like u but some times enoughs enoutgh and u gotta try.

Hiya everyone,
    thanks for your replies. today is the day i'm going to start taking them and i am scared silly but I have to try something. It says to take them with food but i feel so sick already im not sure i'd be able to keep anything down!

I will let you all know how it went-just wish i wasn't at home alone today.

Em xx

Hi Emmie,

Good luck - I was given paroxtene in January but as yet have not had the courage to take any.

I have never taken any meds and would be very interested in hearing how you get on with them.

Good luck and well done for having the courage to take them.

Lisa p

Em,

I am on paxil and have been for quite awhile. It has saved me with my anxiety. The only side effect I had going on it was headaches but I get them anyways. I have tried all of the anti-depressants and by far this helped my anxiety the best. As for drinking, I don't think you are supposed to really drink on any of them are you? I tend to have a glass of wine or two every now and then on it but rarely. Drinking to decrease anxiety really isn't the answer anyway as you are more anxious (and hungover) the day after! I hope the meds help you as much as it has me.

Bel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information