Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: paroxetine

Hi tHi, first of Im a newbie here and this is my first post so here goes..

Ive been on seroxat for a number of years (well 9 to be precise, but thats a long story) and I have to say like you when I went to take the first tablet I did have doubts.

I would urge you very strongly to give it a go. Seroxat really did help me and did change my life.

That said its no panecea, what it does is help you take your foot off of the anxiety pedal so you can get some headspace to deal with the root cause of your anxiety. This has been my mistake. In 9 years on it although I asked I never got any additional therapy such as CBT so when I took the plunge and came off I've struggled (though I am now doing a CBT-ish group course)

My tips:-
    1) You WILL in all likelyhood feel a bit more crap before you feel better. Please please please dont let this scare you like it did me the very first time (my GP didnt warn me you see so I shat myself and stopped taking them after 3 days!!). If after a week or so you still feel rough or are having suicidal thoughts or rages go to your GP...

2) After 2-3 weeks you WILL feel a bit better.....

3) Once your up and running (give it a month or so) you will probably find you can go out and get as pissed as a pudding ....I have but I didnt go to mad early on.

4) Make sure that along with the meds you try to get some CBT based help so that you can tackle the root issues. This has been my big mistake...

Good luck

Paul

Hi Emmie

I took Paroxetine (Seroxat) for about a year, 3 yrs ago. It did help with my panic/anxiety but I gained a lot of weight with it. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem with it though.

Cath x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information