Thread: Can you have simvastatin with benecol and other cholesterol lowering yoghurt drinks?

Can you have simvastatin with benecol and other cholesterol lowering yoghurt drinks?

Was just wondering as sure I read somewhere you can't?

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

40mg tablet

Re: Can you have simvastatin with benecol and other cholesterol lowering yoghurt drin

You shouldn't need to take any additional cholesterol lowering products whilst on statins as you can run the risk of reducing the cholesterol too much and we do need some of it!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Can you have simvastatin with benecol and other cholesterol lowering yoghurt drin

I diasgree james as I said above

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It's probably better to try a low fat diet with your statin. Also, if possible, getting a little more exercise regularly can help improve your cholesterol levels by converting "bad" cholesterol, which is deposited in the arteries, to "good" cholesterol which your body can use.

Please note this was an old post and was made active by a spammer which I now banned.

Thread Information