Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline?

Sertraline?

Okay so I was brave enough to pick up the prescription...
    but now I'm sat here with the sertraline and I am really scared to take it... I don't even know why. I have an irrational fear that I will be allergic to it or I will have to be weaned off it so I keep talking myself out of taking it..

Is anybody else on sertraline that can give me some positive things to think about?

Re: Sertraline?

I was on sertraline but i changed back to Citalopram cause that works better for me i think..
    Remember that ssri's are safe millions of people take them you might get slight side effects when taking them but there well tested and researched drug companys need to go through checks of there medicines in order for it to be approved..
    You will be fine and hopefully it helps you take it

Hey hun, im not on sertraline im on cit but my sister takes sertraline 150mg and its turned her live around, she started on 50mg and only side effect was nausea really but she took hers at night to start with so she slept thro any side effects! just don't think about it and quickly get a glass of water and take it. good luck xx

Thanks for the replies guys! I've just taken it.. I built it up so much that I'm a little bit shaky now but hopefully I sleep through the side effects too and it helps me out a lot in the future xx

well done just persevere with it and give it time to work... good luck!

well done it took me alot of guts to take my first cit, i kept putting it to my mouth then putting it back on the table and staring at it thinking omg what will this tiny little pill do to me!! xx

I didnt find it helped me

Yeah that's what I was thinking... it scares me that a tablet can do something to your mind.. but it's in there now!

What meds are you on now FRANKIEISBACK?
    Sertraline is my first try at medication, so hopefully they work for me. I wanted citalopram though because my mum and sister are on them but my doctor said there's not much difference "/ xx

Quote Originally Posted by Gembutt View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking... it scares me that a tablet can do something to your mind.. but it's in there now!

What meds are you on now FRANKIEISBACK?
    Sertraline is my first try at medication, so hopefully they work for me. I wanted citalopram though because my mum and sister are on them but my doctor said there's not much difference "/ xx
    Hey, they r very similar meds, 50mg of sertraline is equivalent to 20mg of cit, what dose u on on sertraline? xx

I am on 50mg of sertraline but I'm sat here panicking already, keep thinking I am going to have all the side effects.. I keep feeling dizzy and sick but I think it's all psychological.. xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information