Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When did yours start????

hi thanks to all your replies its so interesting to hear how everyones anxiety had a "trigger" of some sort no matter how small or big...i hope we all have the strength to overcome this and hopefully one day lead a normal life!!!
    take care

I had a small blood blister in my mouth and I was stupid enough to google it, until I ended up convinced it was a very aggressive form of melanoma and that I was going to die in weeks rather than months. I had a kind of panic attack, and although it seems unbelievable, it was the worst day of my life. The blister was gone the next day, but the fear stayed with me. A few weeks later I had pain in my breast, googled it again, and ended up thinking it was inflammatory breast cancer. It was a blocked milk duct. Since then it has been non-stop one thing after another.

Mine has started all on and off. The ocd started just last year, but the rest of it has been on and off since I was younger.

Scooby2005
    x x

hi, mine was about 12 years ago daoughterwas 4 months old stopped breathing! first one that night in hospital with her,had aready lost one at birth and couldnt bear the thought of having to bury another baby! shes fine now but ive had attacks since then.

jools xx

I am new to this but it might help speaking to some of you. Mines started 9 years ago when i had my daughter. I was on prozac and couselling and vowed never to have anymore kids but 2 years ago i had my son and from the day i found out i was pregnant everything seemed to come back to the surface so here i am again worrying over everthing. The only difference now is i have depression and ocd and i long to be normal and see a pschologist every week.

yep had a really bad year last year - broken leg 2 days before I got married - nightmare year because it didn't mend. Housebound for months - husband in hospital with suspected heart attack -2 tax investigations into our company - 3 new employees - and 4 children and all the stresses and strains that go with them - further operation on leg in November.

Panic attack out of the blue when I went to bed one night at end of March. Felt fine when I went to bed and then wham!!! Have been suffering since, mainly with chest pain. CBT helps, combined with prosac and propanolol for palps.

Quite worrying really that something so strong can creep up on you without even knowing. Very difficult to rationalise and i'm finding even more difficult for those who love you - family are finding it very hard. Will post a new thread about that. Love to everyone xxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information