Thread: Decided to Join

Decided to Join

Hi Everyone

I have been looking at this website for some time and decided to join as it has got to the point where I am so anxious all the time that it is affecting myself and my husband who I love very much.

I come from a very quiet family background and have kept myself very much to myself for a long time but I feel overwhelmed when in large social groups. My husband's family are the total opposite. They are very social and outgoing. They have been very good to me but I feel uncomfortable while in their company.

It's not just with his family I feel anxious. The other night my husband and myself went to a social event and I felt so overwhelmed and scared that I could not relax and had a terrible stomach ache at the end of it.

If that wasn't enough I have OCD where dirt and germs make me feel ill and again I can't relax and have to clean up. Where do you draw the line between being clean and being overly fussy?

I am trying to help myself and last week visited a Homeopathic doctor who asked me many questions and will prescibe some medication which I have yet to receive. I do know that medication, if it works, may mask the symptoms for a while but I have to get to the bottom of the problem.

I am at my wit's end and scared about how this is affecting my marriage.

I look forward to any replies.

Thanks

Hi Galaxy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Decided to Join

Hi and welcome to NMP

Paige x

Hi and welcome

I am sure this place will bring some comfort for you, it helps to know that there are people out there who know exactly what you're going through.

Things will improve for you anxiety is a terrible thing but it can't harm you and the only thing keeping it there is fear, try to let go of being afraid of how you feel, once you say i'm not scared of you to it do your worst you will find that it will pass quickly.

Take care
    Sharon x

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. I am amazed at how anxiety is such a widespread problem.

Thread Information