Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Periods and citlopram?????Early period question??

Periods and citlopram?????Early period question??

Ok so now I have something else to worry about. My period cycles are normally 29days and pretty clockwork, so I was shocked to find I had come on today when I am not due on for another 4 days?

I have been on citlopram 10 for nearly a week could this affect it? If not what else could it be?

Re: Periods and citlopram?????Early period question??

nah that happened to me all the time I wouldnt worry about it at all as its quite normal.

What causes it? I am never early always late by a few days never this early

Ive had the same, i was over a week and a half late and im never late ever!! but stress can also mess ur periods about xx

I dont know really I never really bothered by it when it was early it just kind of put me out of sync like whether I had the stuff on me if i was out or I didnt have my ponstan in my bag (period pain relief) and I would be more in a panic because of those things as ponstan doesnt work if you dont take it as soon as you get it.

Anyway I dont think its anything really to worry about its just one of those wierd things your body does. I am on the contraceptive pill and my body still knows when its a week or so away before I start menses I think its crazy but judging by the period pain and pms I would say my body knows its coming. Bodies and periods are strange things. Ive been both late and early before never really cared about marking my due date I judge on when my pms starts to when I get it that was before i went on the pill.

I am not on the pill so can't blame that am on cipromil which is the same as citlopram I think. I was just so suprised as normal late never ever early and my ha is bad so just worried :(

I shouldn't worry about it hun, ive been a week early b4 and if ur health anxiety is bad at the min then ur hormones will be all over, anxiety can play havoc with our periods, when my sister was bad with depression she didn't have a period for 6 months cause of all the stress and weight she lost, think it says in the side effects on the leaflet of citalopram which is cipramil that it can interfere with periods?? xx

I will have another read and see if it says. It's just I have had a chest ache for 2 days on my left side as well feeling down and yukky :( xx

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

It doesn't say about periods on the leaflet xx

I know how you feel honey. One time I started the sugar pills and my period wasnt coming but I had the pain and everything so I went straight to my gp panicking and she reassured me that this can be quite normal esp if I'm just starting out on it.

Sometimes I jump to conclusions and think of the worse and end up wasting my money to go to my gp instead of thinking rationally. I think with you its nothing to worry about and when you do need to see your gp again for something then mention to him/her then.

My gp will get so fed up of me lol, I was only there yesterday about chest pain, then last week about breast pain, then a few weeks before about pelvic pain and smear test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information