Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when do you give up`

Re: when do you give up`

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    Dear Nicola

I',m on ciprelex not citalopram so the dosages are different.They are supposed to be more or less the same tho. I had 5 weeks on a low dose then upped 3 weeks ago. Was ok the first couple of weeks on the higher dose but having a really bad week now I dont understand it

Thanks Jack for your reply

Joy
    You could be on a too higher dose maybe?? its common if your taking too much than u need then you get the adverse reaction, may be worth speaking to your doc xx

Now on 7 weeks of 20mg ciprilex and still waking
    in a panic and anxiety most of the day. Fortunately it eased over Xmas when my family were here so I'm disappointed to feel so bad again.Is this normal? I have an apt with the shrink on Friday ican hardly wait

the anxiety is getting worse every day, what can i do

joy

Hi Joy,

I've been on cip for just over 5 months and still have periods of anxiety - blips - one of which was during December that lasted just over 2 weeks. I thought the meds had stopped working but my pdoc says again, it's normal, common and to be expected during recovery. What I've found helpful during those times - had another 3 day blip just before Christmas day - is to keep in mind that it will pass which it always does. When I look over my recovery journal, I can see that over the past 5 months, there have been at least as many - if not more days that I have felt well rather than not and that is encouraging.

Again, check out Anxious in Canada's cipralex thread. You'll likely notice similarities between what you're feeling and his experiences.

Take care.

I admire anxious in canadas patience and yours come to that,I feel dreadful today and dont think I should after this time. It seems to be a more popular drug in Canada than England as no one from England is answering me but very pleased you are.

Joy

Hello Joy

I am answering your post as you said no one from England has responded.I was on escitalopram for 3 months after stopping sertraline .I researched on line before asking my doctor for this med and had high hopes for it.However I have found that what may be a life saver for one person can be the exact opposite for someone else.
    I have suffered from anxiety and panic for along time but never depression.I found myself in a very black hole with escitalopram and it got worse as time went by.This increased my anxiety and the whole situation was a nightmare.
    I am now on different meds and the depression has completly gone.
    Remember we are all different,and it is only by trial and error you find the right treatment.xx

Oh dear Loreen thats not what i wanted to hear. Rather hoped for some positive posts. However I havent got depression so hopefully I'm not following your footsteps

Thanks for answering anyway

Joy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information