Thread: venlafaxine side effect

venlafaxine side effect

hi,
    i am being sick and feeling sick since i changed over from citalapram 2/3 weeks ago to venalafaxine. could this be a side effect.

Re: venlafaxine side effect

When I went on Effexor/Venlafaxine, I was rather nauseous, dizzy, felt drunk etc. (horrific side effects) for a good week or so, then gradually the side effects subsided and the medication worked out great for me. I would just give your doctor a bell if you are really worried, but I think after about four weeks I was totally side effect free.

I took this medication for 4 months up to the max dosage. It made me chronically tired and lethargic and I gained about half a stone in the process. Awful.
    i hope it works out better for you.

hi, thanks for your reply`s. i am seeing the doc next week so that i good. keep thinking i should never have changed from citalpram, but then i need to give these a fair chance as well.

I have read somewher that venlafaxine can cause anorexia. Does anyone know if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by patricias View Post
    hi,
    i am being sick and feeling sick since i changed over from citalapram 2/3 weeks ago to venalafaxine. could this be a side effect.
    Hiya

I've been on venlafaxine for a week since doing a straight swap from Citalopram. I've been feeling the same, nausea is back, with a bad headache and my anxiety has gone up a bit again. I feel the same as I did when I started Citalopram so I think its definitely just side effects. It will go with time. I do find with venlafaxine i have to make sure I've eaten a fair bit before I take them, seems to be helping with the nausea whereas with Citalopram i didn't feel like i had to have eaten much.

Hope that helps x

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
    I have read somewher that venlafaxine can cause anorexia. Does anyone know if this is true?
    It is well known(in some patients, not ALL)for adding several inches to the waistline. This could explain the anorexia for those obsessesed with their weight.

Thread Information